• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Game of Thrones Spoilers Thread (Book and TV show spoilers/comparisons)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes on the siblings. He sends Victarion to Meeren. Euron is chilling in the Shield islands raiding the Reach.
Yeah that's right I forgot about Victarian. Another character who has been combined with another for simplicities sake.

Also can we get Some Blackish book theories? I'm assuming he was destined to die soon there and the show writers thought it'd serve Jamie's story more effectively than another. Will Lady Stoneheart hang her uncle?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha yeah and yet whatsherface's baby still can't walk yet
Holy **** you're absolutely right. Sam Gilly and baby have all stayed the same age whereas Bran (who they met) must have grown a good foot or so and looks every bit the 3 years older he now is.

hendrix

Holy **** you're absolutely right. Sam Gilly and baby have all stayed the same age whereas Bran (who they met) must have grown a good foot or so and looks every bit the 3 years older he now is.
yeah.

You can argue that timelines such as Tommen and Rickon growing up don't necessarily sync, but then Sam has met both Bran and Jon, and Jon's met Brienne and she's met Jamie etc...so

Athlai

Not Terrible
So we can all agree that the Dorne storyline was dire right? The books weren't exactly particularly enthralling there but I liked Doran and Arianne. They were sort of interesting. I guess the Young Grif storyline seemingly being cut makes Doran's own plotting just superfluous but I was surprised they didn't bother with Arianne. Is she the only POV character (other than the opening chapter scene setting ones) that has been cut from the show?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh Victorion, Jon Connington, Quentyn Martell, and Arys Oakheart also cut. So basically Dorne + an extra Greyjoy.

MW1304

The show has never been consistent with the passage of time for travel, ever since the pilot. Pretty sure Cersei and Jaime travel from King's Landing to Winterfell within like 10 minutes of the episode. Timelines of different storylines also get completely out of whack pretty early on, especially with Daenerys. It's not really a thing you can get too preoccupied with or you'll spin your head in circles but it's always been the case.

Can understand why they don't get too concerned with it considering the size of the world and the time they have to tell the story. Can't have an entire season where you keep checking in on people who are still having travelogues.

hendrix

yeah, Tommen, Rickon and Bran growing up is a natural consequence of the time it takes to film a series. They've also massively reduced the scale of everything, from what I've heard from book readers - both size of armies and size of the world.

Still though, they could've shown a little foresight and done something with the baby.

MW1304

yeah, Tommen, Rickon and Bran growing up is a natural consequence of the time it takes to film a series. They've also massively reduced the scale of everything, from what I've heard from book readers - both size of armies and size of the world.

Still though, they could've shown a little foresight and done something with the baby.
Baby's definitely a little older this year. Maybe like 2, not that I'm a good judge.

MW1304

2 year olds can walk and talk. Heck 1 year olds may have a word or two and can stand.
Haha I really don't know, they're actually showing him this time. Hey maybe kids age slower North of the Wall, or Wildling blood makes you dumb until the age of 9.

cpr

TBF, how many 2 year olds do you see on TV? They are a logistical nightmare, you can't give them a script, nor tell them to stand in a certain place. Chances are they'll run off and break something, then cry and poo. They are harder to managed on set than animals. Skip over them until they are about 6 tends to be the way.

Victor Ian

You can't spoil anything for those who know what's going on. I don't. So ill read this from time to time to be your spoil bait.

Victor Ian

I am very sad that the last Giant was killed the other night. I have not read the book but hope that there are still Giants around in the world. It would be sad without them. I don't remember any giants in the white army zombies. Why is that?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I am very sad that the last Giant was killed the other night. I have not read the book but hope that there are still Giants around in the world. It would be sad without them. I don't remember any giants in the white army zombies. Why is that?
Giants were already pretty much thought to be extinct if I recall correctly, but there have been whispers of zombie giants and mammoths I think, cant remember if any have actually definitely been seen.

Wunwun was the last giant I think.

cpr

Didn't remember it saying he was the last one, more than he was one of a few that came with the wildlings south. He's the last giant named in the book, but not specifically called the last one ever.

Howe_zat

Giants were already pretty much thought to be extinct if I recall correctly, but there have been whispers of zombie giants and mammoths I think, cant remember if any have actually definitely been seen.

Wunwun was the last giant I think.
When Mance Rayder was defeated his army mostly split up, it's possible that some giants tried to go it alone north of the wall.