• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The mouth breathing youtube media uh stars own crappy thread

Ikki

did you even read the article?
Yes. There is a difference between someone not being very bright and someone being a charlatan. The article is insinuating she is the latter just to gain a following. In reality, she's a newly red-pilled person herself just learning things. The big thing I don't like about her quick rise is that she hasn't done the hard yards and research and won't be the best representative. I guess, that's also partly a function of what she's rallying against: that it is so obscene for her detractors that a black woman supports Trump and is against the Democrats that by virtue of this group-think she has become a celebrity via outrage.

But I give her credit for waking up at least.

She has a really tiresome debate on Rubin's show about the doxxing story. I don't think she was intentionally trying to doxx people but I believe she underestimated what it could be used for and her own culpability on the matter.

2nd most public figure in a very prominent conservative org in TPUSA. I'm not judging her as just some random youtuber here, although obviously that's how she first made her "name". Plus, see the numbers she racks up on social media.
TPUSA isn't very prominent and is only recently getting a lot of traction. Kirk was the most prominent voice and he's smart at getting funding and disseminating classical liberal/libertarian values. He hosts debates and speeches at a lot of campuses but he hasn't really been a major voice either although his footprint is growing. Candace Owens was even less prominent but Kanye helped her get a lot of shine. Her story is interesting because of her background, she's not really that impressive in terms of what or how she argues.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes. There is a difference between someone not being very bright and someone being a charlatan. The article is insinuating she is the latter just to gain a following. In reality, she's a newly red-pilled person herself just learning things. The big thing I don't like about her quick rise is that she hasn't done the hard yards and research and won't be the best representative. I guess, that's also partly a function of what she's rallying against: that it is so obscene for her detractors that a black woman supports Trump and is against the Democrats that by virtue of this group-think she has become a celebrity via outrage.

But I give her credit for waking up at least.

She has a really tiresome debate on Rubin's show about the doxxing story. I don't think she was intentionally trying to doxx people but I believe she underestimated what it could be used for and her own culpability on the matter.

TPUSA isn't very prominent and is only recently getting a lot of traction. Kirk was the most prominent voice and he's smart at getting funding and disseminating classical liberal/libertarian values. He hosts debates and speeches at a lot of campuses but he hasn't really been a major voice either although his footprint is growing. Candace Owens was even less prominent but Kanye helped her get a lot of shine. Her story is interesting because of her background, she's not really that impressive in terms of what or how she argues.
Kirk has a gift for saying "gotcha" things that sound very clever at face value but fall apart at the slightest critical scrutiny and make you despair for the general intellect of humanity. Who still confuses weather and climate ffs. TPUSA seems all about this tbh; all agitprop and no actual substance.

Spark

Global Moderator
“In the first two weeks after the president’s announcement, there was this refrain in the media, again and again and again, ‘there’s only 60,000 people who work in the steel industry in America, and there’s 6 million who work in industries that need steel to manufacture stuff.’ I looked at that critique, and I thought, ‘That’s a Marxist critique of the president’s policies.’ That critique is founded on a zero-sum interpretation of national economy, which is totally and utterly wrong,” says Gorka.
Karl Marx, noted *squints* free trade advocate

Spark

Global Moderator
Free trade, noted *squints* zero sum strategy.
It's incredible because "LOOK HOW MUCH STEEL WE PRODUCE" has been an old saw of centrally planned Marxist-Leninist economies since Marxist-Leninist economies became a thing.

Spark

Global Moderator
People following the latest spat and the Daily Caller's article on it might see why I straight up think of Owens as a grifter and a fraud now.

Spark

Global Moderator
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...rns-charlie-kirk-could-cause-long-term-damage

The conservative kids are not okay. That’s the assessment of Turning Point USA offered by Kimberly Begg, vice president and general counsel of Young Americas Foundation, according to an internal memo obtained by the Washington Examiner.

“In order to provide guidance to students, our team needs to understand that TPUSA is unlike any of the many conservative movement organizations we have worked with in the past,” the memo states before warning that the national group and its 24-year-old founder, Charlie Kirk, could inflict “long-term damage” on both “conservative students and the conservative movement.”

Spencer Brown, national spokesman for YAF, confirmed the veracity of the memo but declined to comment further. Still, that assessment is damning coming from an organization long considered the collegiate old guard.
maybe there's hope after all

Spark

Global Moderator
Dave Rubin: "I actually think in the grand scheme of things, Candace [Owens] is much bigger [than Kanye West]. I really believe that."

Presented without comment.

EDIT: oh man the reddit thread on this podcast is hilarious to read

Last edited:

Ausage

Edit: Can never seem to get the embedding to work here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wow, Seamus has gone a lot closer to mainstream than I realised if someone other than myself is posting his videos on CW.

Niall

Its not exactly ground breaking stuff, but still always worth listening to stuff regarding social media addiction. As I said before some of the stuff channel 4 news have loaded up is very good.