• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Anime Discussion Thread

David

International 12th Man
Only own anime movies (well, 1 Miyazaki and two of the Lupin series) plus Samurai X which I got free with a copy of Tenchu for Xbox.

Have seen, and some of my favourite series:
Chobits
Excel Saga
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Neon Genesis
Cowboy Bebop (haven't seen it all yet)
Samurai Champloo (as above)
Haruhi (again, see above)
Midori Days (above)
Madlax (above)
Area 88

Some of the ones I watched as a child:
Pokemon
Robotech
Astroboy
You have to watch all of Cowboy Bebop, I thought the first 2 DVDs were a bit meh, but the final 4 were epic, a truly great work. Haruhi also tops, really enjoyed it, Midori No Hibi (Midori Days) is pretty decent, but too short and just ends, Haruhi is quite similar in that regard, just not enough eps to fit in the whole story. NGE is a classic, but I don't rate it that highly if truth be told. Chobits as discussed. The others I haven't seen, so can't comment.

Recommend Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, Onegai Teacher, Nadesico, Escaflowne, GTO, Haruhi.. Have seen many more, too many really now I come to think of it.

Robotech, so gun.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Did you end up watching it?
I havent't yet, got home last night at about 1am and just totally crashed out, should be home by 7pm tonight though so shall watch it then.

Spent some of my time at work yesterday reading the first bits of Death Note, anyone confirm if this is any good? Also may look into Bleach this afternoon if I get the chance.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Watched all the typical one's as a child.

Cowboy Bebop has the most epic final episode out of any show I've watched, love it. The film's good too.

Trigun would be a personal fave.

Majin

Haha Geg you legend, the Lupin movies are amazing. Watched a bunch of them with my friend Az who is a total anime freak and got me into watching it, has been good times.

Death Note was split for me, the first half of the series was amazing and then a big plot twist occured and it went ****.

As for what I own:

Hajime no Ippo (Best series, got me properly in to Anime and still my favourite)
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (only one that I place on a level with Ippo)
Full Metal Panic
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Afro Samurai
Basilisk
Bleach

and probably gonna get this Code Geass if I get into it. Will watch the first episode today

David

International 12th Man
I know a lot of people who love Trigun, I thought it was solid, but not awesome.

I've only heard good things about Full Metal panic, worth it?

Majin

I know a lot of people who love Trigun, I thought it was solid, but not awesome.

I'd say so, very funny series and has a pretty interesting story. Great characters as well. Though at parts it just gets dark out of nowhere for a couple of eps and then goes back to being funny. Also there are three parts, Full Metal Panic, FMP: The Second Raid and then fumoffu which goes inbetween the two which was a 12 part filler series which was just all comedy. And it is definitely one of the funniest things i've ever seen in my life.

Agent TBY

Macross Plus
You should probably look into getting Macross Frontier, it's currently airing.

Cowboy Bebop (haven't seen it all yet)
Samurai Champloo (as above)
Haruhi (again, see above)
Midori Days (above)
Should really finish all of them, they're excellent series.

You have to watch all of Cowboy Bebop, I thought the first 2 DVDs were a bit meh, but the final 4 were epic, a truly great work. Haruhi also tops, really enjoyed it, Midori No Hibi (Midori Days) is pretty decent, but too short and just ends, Haruhi is quite similar in that regard, just not enough eps to fit in the whole story.
You guys should read Ai Kora, the manga that the author of Midori no Hibi's currently making. It's way funnier than his first effort.

Haruhi was just something KyoAni made in their off-season, between their big visual novel projects, Kanon and Clannad. Nobody knew it'd get that popular.

They're making a second season, btw, but it keeps getting delayed for some unknown reason. It's based on the fourth novel, which fans, who've read the novels, say is the best.

I havent't yet, got home last night at about 1am and just totally crashed out, should be home by 7pm tonight though so shall watch it then.

Spent some of my time at work yesterday reading the first bits of Death Note, anyone confirm if this is any good? Also may look into Bleach this afternoon if I get the chance.
Death Note is legendary awesomeness. Part II is quite mediocre, though.

Bleach is good, harmless fun.

Death Note was split for me, the first half of the series was amazing and then a big plot twist occured and it went ****.
Don't know which plot twist you're talking about, but if it's the timeskip, I agree.

Definitely. The first season is a bit off, because Gonzo are pretty ****e producers. They omitted some stuff from the novels, and added some meaningless filler. Still pretty decent. Fumoffu and TSR are awesome, though.

Anime List, Manga List.

They're both incomplete due to my laziness, though, and the Manga List has only A-M included. :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Death Note is legendary awesomeness. Part II is quite mediocre, though.

Bleach is good, harmless fun.
Haha, I'll try looking at Death Note later today, read the first few bits of Bleach yesterday, and will get round to watching Haruhi, got home late last night, watched RAW and then fell asleep watching Dexter...but it's sat on my desktop waiting....so i'll get to it soon.

Majin

Loving the Bleach Filler arc at the moment as well. usually "filler arc" is something that makes me cringe but on this one they seem to have learnt from the mistakes of the cake shop debacle and said "Alright, we need to pad out some time while Tite writes more manga, and our last attempt was roundly farted on, so this time instead of doing that we'll write a completely different storyline that makes absolutely no sense in the canon timeline of the series but we'll introduce a few badass new characters, have Ichigo and everyone have all of their best powers and we'll eventually have them war with soul society again"

****. yes. Anything that means more Soi Fon is fine by me :D

edit: hahaha, looked at your manga list Sriram, see we have read a lot of the same stuff. Ichigo 100%, dire. xD Read the first chapter thinking it may have something to do with Kurosaki (was still a anime/manga nub at the time) and then couldn't not finish the story. But damn. lol japan is about the only thing I can say

Last edited:

DaRick

Like many boys within Australia, I watched Pokemon and Dragonball Z as a child. I was also treated to whatever anime program my Chinese friend had downloaded and was watching that week (hentai, too) on his laptop during class.

I'm currently embarking on a nostalgia trip through Dragonball Z episodes, so to speak.

Majin

Finished watching Code Geass, was pretty good overall but the series ending was kind of ****e. Watched a few episodes of R2 and will probably watch that for a while when I can find a good place to get ahold of it.

Nanaly has got the most ridiculously cute voice ever though. And I can't get my head around Shirley also being Rukia from Bleach, just doesn't compute

Agent TBY

Agreed, Season one's ending was pretty poor, but you don't have to wait for R2 like everybody else, so it's not that bad.

Majin

actually I can't find anywhere that has past like episode 15 so I probably will have to wait for a bit :{

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Finally got round to watching the second episode of Haruhi last night, then watched the third episode as well. Good stuff, gun characters, in particular Haruhi and Kyon. Have got episode 4 lined up for tonight. (Y)

David

International 12th Man
After you've watched it all the first time, watch in chronological order, you pick up on a lot more.