• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Agent TBY

Anyone who hasn't seen Clannad needs to pick it up NOW. Probably the best I've ever seen, and the epic, epic After Story (Sequel? Continuation?) is coming out soon.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Watched episode 4 of Haruhi, getting more interesting now...have downloaded the next few episodes but probably won't have time to watch them until thursday.

Flying V

Personally disagree, never thought it was all that much chop. It's good, but not the best, and the ending(s).
The endings are brilliant.

The Komm, süßer Tod scene was one of the best ever in any form of film.

Agent TBY

Just realised that I have so far been watching it in Chronological order (bar the first episode) oops.
Er, the ones I linked you to were in broadcast order. The second and third episodes were in order, actually.

Henry, if you downloaded it from somewhere else, you're an idiot.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Er, the ones I linked you to were in broadcast order. The second and third episodes were in order, actually.

Henry, if you downloaded it from somewhere else, you're an idiot.
Guilty...well kinda. Basically the website wouldnt load when I went back, so I borrowed a DVD from someone I know...which I now realise runs the episodes in chronological order apart from the first broadcast one.

Agent TBY

Guilty...well kinda. Basically the website wouldnt load when I went back, so I borrowed a DVD from someone I know...which I now realise runs the episodes in chronological order apart from the first broadcast one.
That's even worse. So, are you watching it in English, or with the default subtitles? They're both crappy translations, tbh.

How many episodes have you watched? If you've only watched four, it's not that bad.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lol, dw I haven't been watching it dubbed, Subtitles for the first episode also seem to mirror the ones I downloaded, but ywaaah, only watched the first 4.

Agent TBY

That's good. So basically, they're a.f.k. subs? Avi files of around 170mb? Watch one of the early episode previews and tell me if Haruhi and Kyon are arguing about the episode number.

Anyway, here's the conversion table.

Code:
[Broadcast Order][DVD Order][Chronological Order][Episode Title]

[01] [01] [11] The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
[02] [02] [01] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I
[03] [03] [02] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II
[04] [08] [07] The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
[05] [04] [03] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III
[06] [10] [09] Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
[07] [09] [08] Mystérique Sign
[08] [11] [10] Remote Island Syndrome Part 2
[09] [14] [14] Someday in the Rain
[10] [05] [04] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
[11] [13] [13] The Day of Sagittarius
[12] [12] [12] Live Alive
[13] [06] [05] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V
[14] [07] [06] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's good. So basically, they're a.f.k. subs? Avi files of around 170mb? Watch one of the early episode previews and tell me if Haruhi and Kyon are arguing about the episode number.

Anyway, here's the conversion table.

Code:
[Broadcast Order][DVD Order][Chronological Order][Episode Title]

[01] [01] [11] The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
[02] [02] [01] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I
[03] [03] [02] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II
[04] [08] [07] The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
[05] [04] [03] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III
[06] [10] [09] Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
[07] [09] [08] Mystérique Sign
[08] [11] [10] Remote Island Syndrome Part 2
[09] [14] [14] Someday in the Rain
[10] [05] [04] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
[11] [13] [13] The Day of Sagittarius
[12] [12] [12] Live Alive
[13] [06] [05] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V
[14] [07] [06] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
Interestingly enough, that DVD order you have there doesnt match up with whatever the hell i've been watching, :S

But yes...i'll watch some more and report back later...lolz

Majin

Nah the Manga is alright. At the very least, Rock Lee is a god damn badass and the Rock Lee vs Gaara fight is one of the sickest fights you'll ever see in an anime/manga.

anyway gimme some recommendations, have finished FMP and Code Geass and can't be arsed to watch the second of either series yet. Had my fill of mech animes for now. Would like either some Martial Arts fighting style animes or some comedic ones. Preferably not too long, computer has not much space atm :(

Flying V

Nah the Manga is alright. At the very least, Rock Lee is a god damn badass and the Rock Lee vs Gaara fight is one of the sickest fights you'll ever see in an anime/manga.

anyway gimme some recommendations, have finished FMP and Code Geass and can't be arsed to watch the second of either series yet. Had my fill of mech animes for now. Would like either some Martial Arts fighting style animes or some comedic ones. Preferably not too long, computer has not much space atm :(
Had your fill of mech animes? YOU NEVER EVEN WATCHED NEON GENESIS YOU EPIC FAILURE AT LIFE. Seriously people who have never seen NGE shouldn't have the right to call anything brilliant or otherwise. So watch that, and then you can say you've had your fill of mech.