• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

grecian

Even if you do take that approach, some of the questions are worded in a way that is totally moralistic.

For instance, this one has always annoyed me:

I think the wording here is very confusing. Is it asking you whether you think richer people should legally have a "right" to better healthcare? Or is it asking "If better healthcare is available to those with more money, should something be done to prevent them from getting it?".

I suspect the majority of people might approach these two questions differently.
Yeah, I agree this is an odd one, I mean I'm about as left-wing as you come, but TBH if some hypochondriac rich **** wants to be tested on everything every week, and is willing to pay for, he can take himself away from the NHS.

Admittedly it's a shame for the hypochondriac on a lower income, but there ya go.

Yet there are just some luxuries that NHS shouldn't fund IMHO, because having gourmet food and hotel style rooms aren't really needed just wanted by some.

So I think that q probably skewed me a bit right, ick.

Marcuss

11/06/10
ec=0.00&soc=-2.00

01/01/12
ec=0.00&soc=-2.67

27/03/13
ec=-0.38&soc=-3.18

21/04/15
ec=-1.5&soc-3.79

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I agree this is an odd one, I mean I'm about as left-wing as you come, but TBH if some hypochondriac rich **** wants to be tested on everything every week, and is willing to pay for, he can take himself away from the NHS.

Admittedly it's a shame for the hypochondriac on a lower income, but there ya go.

Yet there are just some luxuries that NHS shouldn't fund IMHO, because having gourmet food and hotel style rooms aren't really needed just wanted by some.

So I think that q probably skewed me a bit right, ick.
Fascist scum.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah, I agree this is an odd one, I mean I'm about as left-wing as you come, but TBH if some hypochondriac rich **** wants to be tested on everything every week, and is willing to pay for, he can take himself away from the nhs
In Heefland, there wouldn't be any rich so this wouldn't be an issue. Equal use of phrenology for all!

Athlai

Not Terrible
2007:
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

2008:
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

2010:
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

2012:
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Bit of a swing back from 2010.
2016:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

FaaipDeOiad

The funniest question on the isidewith quiz was the "should the government be able to seize private property for civil projects" one, including the answer "no, unless it for an oil pipeline project".

Anyway, I got:
94% Bernie
93% Hillary
89% Jill Stein
81% McAfee
76% Johnson
59% Petersen
34% Kasich
24% Cruz
13% Trump

I'd certainly never vote for Jill Stein though. The American Greens are pretty crackpot-y and support **** like homoeopathy.

Last edited:

Kirkut

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

Impossible, I don't believe this.

Edit : Or maybe from the view of worldly matters I'm a leftie, but spiritually a rightie.

Last edited: