• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The TV show thread (many spoilers)

MW1304

People in my real life have got sick of me recommending Succession to them for the thousandth time, so I'm going to do it on here for the hundredth.

Seriously, it's the next pantheon show, just watch it ffs.

grecian

Well that's Amazon done 6/10 I'd say.

I quite enjoyed upload mainly, and almost totally because of the main character, played by Andy Allo, I think, who is some sort of singer type ting, the plot was sub Black Mirror, but kinda fun..

When I cancel amazon, dous that automatically get rid of Audible, or do I have to cancel that seperately? I hate tech.

Niall

Well that's Amazon done 6/10 I'd say.

I quite enjoyed upload mainly, and almost totally because of the main character, played by Andy Allo, I think, who is some sort of singer type ting, the plot was sub Black Mirror, but kinda fun..

When I cancel amazon, dous that automatically get rid of Audible, or do I have to cancel that seperately? I hate tech.
Did you try the likes of The Expanse and Patriot?

Goliath and Bosch are a little formulaic but both have gun actors galore so the type of shows you can binge very easily.

grecian

Did you try the likes of The Expanse and Patriot?

Goliath and Bosch are a little formulaic but both have gun actors galore so the type of shows you can binge very easily.
Nah fraid not, didn't really make the most of it really, was a bit half-arsed. Let's face it I can get to watch these things elsewhere, Bosch was okay for the first few series, read the books, but yeah as formulaic as you can get for a Private Detective thing, and I always picture Robert Loggia circa Jagged Edge as Bosch, always disconcerting that.

Again, never really got the Expanse, so much of that type of serious sci-fi around, I get confused between them.

Niall

Yeah I think with Bosch its one of those things I have a soft spot for as the leads were great in Deadwood and the Wire and also quite fun with this.

A show that is fun over a weekend and best not to think about again.

I had Prime as I had an american vpn and could access their library, but even then once I seen a few HBO shows I was done. It will have some decent series now and then but google exists for a reason.

Netflix is something I do consider dropping for a Mubi sub but it always manages to come up with something good just when I think of binning.

A bit like Paul Collingwood. :laugh:

_Ed_

Three episodes into Avenue 5, and it's kind of deranged but has had some hilarious moments.

luckyjack

Planet Earth II - always said I wasn't going to watch this until I had a 4k TV and well, finally have one as of a month ago. 4 episodes in of 6 I believe it is.

Daemon

It's brilliant isn't it.

I recently had an argument with someone who was trying to tell me it's all bullshit because they read some woke article on how all of it is contrived.

I mean I get that often some of the little stories are fictional, there are staged situations, spliced footage from captive animals, sound effects and all that but understand the limitations within which these people work and you'll know why it's often necessary. At the end of the day it's meant to entertain and not meant for scientific research.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
It's weird and grotesque at times, but I'm really enjoying Doom Patrol. Halfway through the first season. I do wish they went a bit lighter on the Jane stuff.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So a really good first season. Might be the most enjoyable comicbook TV season I've ever watched. Brendan Fraser is great, hell the whole cast is great, with Alan Tudyk being the clear highlight, and the writing very good. The self referential humor never got old for me, and the characters I found annoying were pretty much completely redeemed by the end of the season. Still a really ****ed up show, and the finale really took it up a notch, but it's part of the fun watching it just to see what other really stupid but funny plot device they come up with.

After finishing I quickly jumped into Succession. Only a couple of episodes in and it's pretty good.

Niall

I decided to watch Better Call Saul from ep1 to season 5 last few weeks and yeah its wonderful.

Kim Wexler probably one of the most compelling female tv characters I have ever seen and a hell of a performance from the actress.

Curious to see how the final season ends, Kim dying and Jimmy going full Saul Goodman seems a little to obvious for the writers.

morgieb

Just watched the two Succession seasons over the last few days. What a show. Perfect example of black comedy/dramedy, and the characertisations are brilliant. Jeremy Strong's role as Kendall is going to be up there with the best of all-time, while Brian Cox kills it as Logan.