• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What beer do you drink?

_Ed_

Lion Red's an underrated drop, IMO. It has a really bad reputation, but I've had many, many worse beers.

cpr

Have to say, a few jars after work always ends up at Sinclairs at the top of Deansgate... less than £2 a pint and tastes decent too (tis a Sam Smiths pub). Only downside is how utterly hammered it can get on a Friday

Retox

So i just got a gift in the mail from a friend for helping him move house 4 cans of beer i've never tried

Boddington's Pub Ale
Greene King IPA
Old Speckled Hen
Kaiser (Austrian Beer)

in the fridge as we speak getting ice ice cold

the Boddington and Old Speckled Hen i assume you pour like a kilkenny?

Last edited:

GotSpin

Yes, I know it's unmanly and a bit pointless, but I like a beer with my sport and need to drive later so thought I'd be responsible citizen and go for the alcohol-free option.

Got some Bavaria. It's well meh. Not actively nasty but not good either. Has a vaguely malty kinda taste but tastes artificial and chemically too. Better than I remember Kaliber being, which is total pish, but so far short of the real McCoy as to be very disappointing.

Anyone know any half or evern quarter decent reduced alcohol beers?
Peroni leggera is a good mid strength option.

andyc

So i just got a gift in the mail from a friend for helping him move house 4 cans of beer i've never tried

Boddington's Pub Ale
Greene King IPA
Old Speckled Hen
Kaiser (Austrian Beer)

Boddington's is gun, possibly my favourite beer. And yeah, pour it out into a glass.

Retox

Boddington's Pub Ale
Greene King IPA
Old Speckled Hen
Kaiser (Austrian Beer)

so i finally got down to having these all - Old Speckled Hen is OMFG my new fave, Boddington was awesome, Greene King IPA can die in a fire and Kaiser is pretty awesome (it's $2 a 500ml can can't go wrong)

Shame that Boddington is $5 and Old Speckled is $6 a can :(

Quaggas

Castle Lager, half the SA team endorse it. Hard to come by in the land of Philistines - even though SAB owns Miller

flibbertyjibber

Ashes Ale was about the nicest pint I have had.

Can't beat going into a real ale pub and sampling a few pints of stuff you haven't had before, then waking up next day with a pounding headache.

As for fizzy pop/lager, you have to drink that when you go to town pubs as they don't keep the bitter properly so anything but Carlsberg or Stella will do.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was introduced to Windhoek lager from Namibia at a mate's BBQ t'other weekend. Was very impressed; tastes like a proper German/Czech pilsner, crisp with a dry finish.

Perfect for the consumption of large quantities of meat, anyway.

zaremba

Fizzy lager, me:

Numero Uno.... Pilsner Urquell

Also fond of.... Becks, San Miguel, Peroni, Tsingtao, Heineken

Used to drink but now a bit tired of... Grolsch

And before that... Wife Beater

In a crisis will accept... leftover Cobra from last night's curry, and the slightly over-rated Kronenbourg

fredfertang

Used to enjoy drinking large (but not vast) quantities of Dr Boddington's elixir of eternal youth and happiness, until I discovered it doesn't work

VCC44

Where to start!

In the local I'd normally go for a pint of Bass. If I'm having a few beers in the house I'd normally go for bottles of Budweiser or Cobra, in Northern Ireland ales are far from as popular as England but I'd rather have an ale over a lager, so when i can I go for the special ales one can purchase in Sainsburys. If I'm in England I normally go for a local ale when I'm out. A personal favourite is Adnams Ale, brewed in Southwold where we use to holiday.

I'm not really a cider man but I've developed a passion for Savannah Dry which I'm currently imbibing.

cpr

Agreed about the actual Belgium Stella, its as nice a beer as you can get really. Even the import stuff isnt too bad.

For me its either Stella, Becks, Guinness or Carlsberg Export.... or if i'm in the local Holts own isnt too bad for its price :) (dunno how many Holts pubs there are outside manchester though, so might be on my own on that one!). Peroni isnt too bad if your at your local italian resteraunt (though when i was in italy it tasted dire... go figure)

Budweiser Budvar isnt too bad either, though i dont like the american bud... Dont like the taste of Kronenburg either, guess thats just me though

I refuse to drink Carlsberg or Fosters on the grounds that i could fish it out of the toilet myself

Agree with Matteh on the Guinness in a can (or bottle for that matter), just doesnt taste right at all
--
Edit: except he didnt say that at all, was talking about a different beer. But the principles still the same

Havent changed in 6 years, except I've added Amstel to my usual repertoire.

Still dont like cider, but have a nice taste for the Stella Cidre

Pothas

Drink a lot of Doom Bar these days, best ale around in most pubs, if they don't have that then it is London Pride or whatever interesting sounding one is around.

Only drink lager (normaly San Miguel) when I'm watching football and it's a hot day (so hardly ever) and when eating curry.

Quite like dark lagers though and have a Guiness now and again.

Marcuss

Zaremba has an impeccable taste in beer.

San Miguel, Heineken and Peroni all make my top 5 and can't fault Cobra.
Tyskie probably my #1 though.