• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What beer do you drink?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Treated myself to a Green King Head Brewer's selection from Sainsburys yesterday. Features two bottles of each of Green King IPA, Green King IPA Gold, Old Speckled Hen & Old Golden Hen.

Good value at only a tenner, IMHO. Old Golden Hen was the winner for my quid. Lovely clean, bitter taste with a refreshing, dry finish. Notes of tropical fruit and elderflowers on the afters.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Really getting into Erdinger Alkoholfrei this weekend. It's so good.

YorksLanka, what's your malt of choice?

YorksLanka

Really getting into Erdinger Alkoholfrei this weekend. It's so good.

YorksLanka, what's your malt of choice?
Hi Furball, favourite is Edradour and also very keen on auchentoshan...recently taken a liking to Glenlivit too..:)..what about you mate?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Got a bottle of Highland Park 12yo in the cupboard, had a couple of drams watching the referendum result.

Quite like Dalwhinnie as well, and there's ankther Speyside I'm quite a big fan of but for the life of me can't remember the name...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Meant I could have a couple of beers at the expo without feeling guilty though.

Everyone got a free beer after the race as well and there's some interesting sport science as to the merits of alcohol free beer as an aid to recovery.

Just picked up a few bottles of that Stone Collab Mocha Stout. Can't wait to try it!

Social media is my primary source of knowing when my local spots gets stuff in. Get on it!

Marcuss

Re-read the last few pages and can say that those who vouched for:

Windhoek
Coopers Sparkling
PBR

Were correct.

And those who had Toohey's as the best of the four crappy Australian lagers were oh so wrong

_Ed_

Anyone tried sour beer? Seems to be becoming a bit of a fad in some Auckland bars. I've had two - the first one was called Roll in the Hay and it was pretty good. Then there was a Tamarillo Sour, which was awful.

vogue

Guinness , Peroni and Black Sheep..also don't mind Old Peculier and have some Blue Moon in to try..but it's American so I'm not sure if it will be any good?..

ripper868

Evolution of a ripper.

Tooheys extra drys...no contest
So inexperienced young padawan. I owe this to a 30 day Uni bender that I believe I was in the middle of.

Coldies are alright IMO, not great, just alright. VB in a can is the worst.
VB continues to be ****.
Guiness...only on st paddys day and only in pints and only until i pass out
This also continues to be true....just without the passing out, now it's until mrs ripper says it's home time...
2009/10
TEDS are still my wife, though Miller Genuine Draught is my lover.
I had horrible taste in women.
Fisher Price's "My First Beer".
Heh. fair.

Hahn Super Dry has become my beer of choice recently, smooth drinking.
Tooheys Extra Dry always has a place in my heart, love the bit of bite it has.
Beez Neez on tap occasionally, as well as Bluetongue and Little Creatures. And Coopers Pale Ale.

Will drink pretty much any beer basically.
Bold stays true.

Having now lived in the UK for 12 months I'd like to think my palette is more refined. I generally still stick to the standard lagers to begin (Amstel, Peroni etc) while avoiding Carlsberg/Fosters and dabble in various the ales and pales when the will takes me.

Discovered possibly my favorite beer of all time while in Cheltenham at a bar called John Gordons. Curious Brew is it's name, and it's ****ing delicious. Can get it by the bottle at Waitrose but on tap in a pint it was a lifesaver after a long day.

I'm just killing time waiting for the clock to hit 5pm....slow day...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Tooheys everything is awful.

I still not fussy, VB best for a proper session.

Came across "Sample Golden Ale" recently, a lovely drop. Anything James Squires tickles the fancy too.