• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Made and Ruined Your 2009

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Made:

- Met the girl I'm pretty sure is the one. Feel like a changed person just knowing her.
- Took my first real vacation in over 10 years.
- Got to meet my Scottish family, who took me all over the friggin' place.
- Met some great people over the year and made some great friends.
- Things stayed pretty calm with my parents.
- Lost 35 lbs though seem to be gaining a bit of it back. Need to get back on the routine.
- Finally moved up the ladder somewhat and was made a Lead Technician. I'm supposed to take over a lot more responsibility next year too.
- Went to good few gigs including the gods themselves.
- Finally started playing cricket.
- Played a fair bit of sports.
- Aamir and Umar.

Ruined:

- Things with the one aren't going as smooth as I would like. A bit unsure of the future there.
- Was forced to work with the biggest most impossible **** I've ever had to deal with.
- Pakistani cricket in general.
- I'm absolutely horrible at cricket. The fact that my fielding was my strongest attribute says a lot. Went wicketless all season and highest score was 4, unacceptable even considering my work injuries.
- Lost a tooth at work.
- No pay raise this year and lost our 401 (k) privileges as well (though we get them back in February).
- Lots of friends lost their jobs due to the recession.
- Close friend's son getting murdered.

All in all a positive year. Much better than '08.
Life was simpler.

duffer

Made
b00bs.
Watto.
City still being sickeningly rich, winner.
Undergrad basically done, bring on Argentina and honours.

Ruined
Women having the ability to think independently.
Katman.
City still being sickeningly sucky.
Kenyon Martin.
I still suck at cricket.
I wish my memory was better (heh), still trying to figure out what Kmart did?

cpr

Been a decent year all round here tbh

Made

*Decent job with good long term prospects, coupled with lack of actual work needed to fulfill said roll

Can I get a big fat :laugh: at that one please!