• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's a question you've always wanted to ask another forum member?

Top_Cat

.......... self-explanatory innit. Please take this very seriously.

Boy Brumby: Is there even one Queen song you like/will tolerate?

GIMP: Why Flintoff? Is it because his roguishly good looks remind you of the dashing man staring back at you from the mirror or is it really his cricketing ability? Because, y'know, he's sorta under-performed at Test level.....

Joni: Your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight-train, why do you believe you're so popular?

OverratedSanity: Who is your favourite poster and why is it Virya?

Samuel_Vimes: Cricket and you; how on Earth did that happen?!

Fredfertang: Why did my autocorrect change your username to Fresher Tang when I typed it in just now?

Howe_Zat: HOW COULD ANYONE HATE BOOF LEHMANN I'LL FIGHT YOU ****.

Jack: When do you graduate?

Howe_zat

I'm just pleased to be included

Howe_Zat: HOW COULD ANYONE HATE BOOF LEHMANN I'LL FIGHT YOU ****.
mostly bull**** like this and how the wave of support for him usually had this 'kick out the foreigners, strayaaaa' kind of vibe

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

GIMP: Why Flintoff? Is it because his roguishly good looks remind you of the dashing man staring back at you from the mirror or is it really his cricketing ability? Because, y'know, he's sorta under-performed at Test level.....
I mean it's partly the clear similarities in appearance. What else? Everything really. He's a geezer you'd like to think you could have a pint with and I always appreciate a sportsman who you feel would run through a brick wall for the team. And, y'know, he brought the Ashes home

Or. Read my CW article from his retirement for more details ;)

Howe_zat

I don't know why a lot of people prefer to think he underperformed for the majority of his career as oppose to overperformed for a short time

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Samuel_Vimes: Cricket and you; how on Earth did that happen?!
I'm one of nature's contrarians. If I'd been born in Australia I'd probably have hated cricket and AFL and loved American sports, or something.

sledger: what pleasure do you get out of trolling half the forum?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
sledger: what pleasure do you get out of trolling half the forum?
I was wondering this the other day actually, and I honestly don't know. I guess when you do something for so long, you lose sight of what it was that made you want to do it in the first place.

Vimes: How come you know about wrestling? And what is the extent of your knowledge?

jan

Smudge - why did he abandoned V-man?
Burgey - where does junior's first name come from?
Neil - is Pickup his real surname?
Vimes - your take on Tromso and its inhabitants?

OverratedSanity

OverratedSanity: Who is your favourite poster and why is it Virya?
Unfortunately, viriya is only my third favourite poster behind myself and Jono (because he hates HHH maybe even more than I do)

Shri: Who is your favourite poster and why is it honestbharani?

Pratters: Are you Ambati Rayudu?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Vimes: How come you know about wrestling? And what is the extent of your knowledge?
Osmosis. I have a habit of remembering too much and wanting to look up things I don't know (this also partially explains T_C's question).
I know a few names like John Cena and the Undertaker. But yeah I'd rather know the Fourth Division table.
Nevertheless heel is a very useful concept, even for sports that pretend they don't fix the results.

Vimes - your take on Tromso and its inhabitants?
As a noted Bodø/Glimt fan, to me Tromsø is the upstart city who pretends they are something because they've got a university and a 'cathedral' (or: the Germans didn't find it worth bombing in WWII so they have some buildings older than 75 years).
Gorgeous town though, just a shame about the people.

Top_Cat

Top_Cat: What exactly do you do for a living?
PhD student in computational chemistry at present. Have what some would call an odd career trajectory, though.

Daemon: if you're really a fire fighter, how come I've never seen your chest? Hung with a lot of firies in my time, basically lived by "Sun's out, guns out."

Last edited:

ripper868

Top Cat: Why'd you leave me hanging in Koblenz man? I still cry most nights about it.
GIMH: Do you fancy an avatar bet on the Ashes?
Burgey: When can we expect the test debut of mini-Burge?
Vines Have you yet looked up the achievements of Kurt Fearnley?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
@ripper. I'm offended you had to ask. Name your terms.

Brumby - what would you do if Richard knocked on your door out of the blue and asked if he could come in for a brew and a clear the air chat?

Sledger - how does it feel to be the second best poster in the wrestling thread?

Vimes - if you could visit any English football match through the season, what would it be and why?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brumby - what would you do if Richard knocked on your door out of the blue and asked if he could come in for a brew and a clear the air chat?
I'd do what I always do when Christian types knock on my door: point to my nose and claim to be Jewish and not interested.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Heath: Why did it take so long to paint your windows?

Heath: Did you mean window frames?

If not...
Heath: Can you still see through your windows?

HeathDavisSpeed

Heath: Why did it take so long to paint your windows?

Heath: Did you mean window frames?

If not...
Heath: Can you still see through your windows?
It was the window frames that I was painting. Obviously, most people have a few braincells to rub together and can work out that "painting windows" means "painting window frames". Mind you, I shouldn't be so facetious because we should expect a bombing from the Russian Tsar any time and a bit of whitewash on the windows to effect a blackout wouldn't be a bad idea.

Why did it take so long? Have you ever had to paint windows from the bare wood? I think it went relatively well and I only threw my toys out of the pram about a dozen times. Much more fulfilling than dealing with Cribb, for example.

HeathDavisSpeed

For all I knew you were painting great big Keas all over them.
Outside of the medium of MS Paint, my artistic skills are atrocious. I would not dare to try and paint an image of anything over my windows. I suspect whatever I attempted would look a bit like the Shroud of Turin.