• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's a question you've always wanted to ask another forum member?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
PEWS: Would you say cricket is your biggest passion?

Burgey: Why are you so anti-nationalism in Off Topic and pro-nationalism in Cricket Chat :ph34r:

James: When did you realise that CricketWeb forum was really taking off, and you had created something pretty significant?

Smudge

Smudge - why did he abandoned V-man?
Work reasons. Got a job back in my home town and wanted to distance myself from my postings under that name.

Jono: If you were locked in a room with Virat Kohli and Rafael Nadal and you were all naked and ''fired up, ready to go", who would get first crack at you?

Burgey

Burgey: Why are you so anti-nationalism in Off Topic and pro-nationalism in Cricket Chat :ph34r:
Nah I'm generally not a fan of nationalism, full stop. If I give a lot of **** to whoever is playing Australia at any given time it's usually because they're playing against my team, just like I might pour some **** on you if Sydney is playing Richmond.

I'm usually more than happy to tip praise on sides which beat Australia, give them their dues and all. I think sometimes when there's fans who are crazily earnest about their side, I don't mind fanning the flames a bit. I used to only do it against England, but after Sydney 08 I came to realise that the Victim Complex of ThinSkindian supporters was easier to get a rise out of. Then they were competitive for about six months in the format that counts and Australia can't beat them away, so I had to move onto the little Lankans. Nothing personal.

I was thinking about the whole nationalism thing in the lead up to ANZAC Day actually. It used to be my favourite day of the year. I would always go with my grandfather to his battalion reunions then after he died I used to march in his stead, but the battalion literally died off and the whole thing has become the provenance of the bogan and corporate interests. I laughed at media outlets berating Woollies over their "Fresh in Our Memories" thing, before cutting to an ad saying "Only Channel X will have the best coverage of all the ANZAC Day centenary commemorations", or promotoing footy "heroes" on the same day, who are all wearing ANZAC themed jerseys with their sponsors' logos across the image of a soldier etc.

Just over it, frankly. It's one of my saddest things. It used to mean the world to me, but ever since Howard and his bogan army took it over, it's just become ****ing dire. Will stay home.

Jono: When will you buy me that steak you owe me, ****?

HeathDavisSpeed

Heef: How much do you love your birds (the pet variety)?
Tough question. I don't really have enough time for Albie (my Eclectus) these days, mainly because I now have a baby of the human variety to give me colds and take up my waking hours - so probably 'not enough' is the answer for Albie. He still gets a bit of training - enough to have learnt 'hello' and 'Albie' to talk, but with my first parrot - Lara - I had a lot more time to give her. Parrots need an investment of time as they're social animals and will develop serious personality disorders or depression if you don't spend time with them, so getting the right amount of time for Albie is a real concern.

Got quite upset when Lara died though - poor littl'un. :(

Daemon

Wait, Shri and Daemon don't like each other? How have I missed this?

I guess that question is aimed at Shri and Daemon.
I had no idea tbh. We always call each other ****s but it was friendly. I guess telling him straight up that he was posting **** and trying too hard at making jokes and appearing macho on CS didn't go down well. He does that less now tbf to him.

fredfertang

Fredfertang: Why did my autocorrect change your username to Fresher Tang when I typed it in just now?
Best check your settings - its supposed to be "free fone tag"

Fredfertang: How many books do you read in a month on an average.
Depends how much crap the current unfortunate who holds the title Mrs Fertang gives me - you'll have noticed that of late there have been rather more reviews than usual

..... and my questions

Zorax - you share your username with a well known pharmaceutical product - why choose it? Tell us the story - no need to be shy

Overratedsanity - please explain username

Lokomotiv - Why?

Precambrian - Please tell us the username of your current incarnation

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
dontcloseyoureyes: Why won't you look at me during? :(
I prefer to look at you when you're not looking at me. To capture a piece of your true beauty, not the face you show to others. A glimpse of you as you dress in the morning for work, a glance at your gentle smile as you score yet another scorpion kick goal in FIFA. Your natural, unguarded face, is the pinnacle of beauty.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Vines Have you yet looked up the achievements of Kurt Fearnley?
Can't say I have. Will investigate.

Vimes - if you could visit any English football match through the season, what would it be and why?
If it were this season, Reading-Arsenal. Basically an FA Cup semi with a story. As long as Man Utd weren't at one end.
Really I don't like the question though because it's such an event fan thing to choose one match (and buy the half-and-half scarf). I'd be happy to draw a random game from the 46 League matches and going there.

Brumby - who are the five greatest living Englishmen (actual English nationality optional)
Phlegm - should I go down the road to Aachen to watch horses? Y/N?
Furball - you coming to Germany for running again?

OverratedSanity

Overratedsanity - please explain username
Friend of mine made a Random username generator ages ago. Our group decided we'd use it to generate our usernames for a contest we were entering at the time. My first roll of the dice yielded Zehrile Bable (Poisonous Breasts in Hindi). Requested a second chance and OS is what came up.

ripper868

@Burgey: Yes mate I will be.

@GIMH: How about straight down the line? Australia Win, I own your avatar for 6 months. If England wins, you get mine for 9 months..