• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Part-Time/Golden Arm Bowler will take the most wickets in the WC?

trundler

With smaller boundaries, Jadhav may have a hard time but it'll be fun seeing how countries tackle him

Borges

CdG. The big man will take a lot of wickets, score a mountain of runs, field incredibly well, win the World Cup ....

Dendarii

JP Duminy might be up there given our weakness at 5th bowler.
I reckon Markram could be good for some wickets if he actually plays, but it's just not clear what the South African thinking on him. And that's assuming he gets to bowl, as there does seem to have been a bit of a reluctance to give him the ball in the ODIs he's played to this point.

StephenZA

I reckon Markram could be good for some wickets if he actually plays, but it's just not clear what the South African thinking on him. And that's assuming he gets to bowl, as there does seem to have been a bit of a reluctance to give him the ball in the ODIs he's played to this point.
I think it is less a reluctance to bowl him and more that we are already playing 5 bowlers and Duminy, so if he is needed it would be in the most dire of positions.

StephenZA

JP Duminy might be up there given our weakness at 5th bowler.
I think that is a bit unfair to Andile. He is better than most 5th bowlers in the other teams. It is only in comparison to a front line first 4 that he looks poor.

Dendarii

I think it is less a reluctance to bowl him and more that we are already playing 5 bowlers and Duminy, so if he is needed it would be in the most dire of positions.
But he's also tended not to bowl even when Duminy hasn't been in the team. And a List A bowling average of 25 suggests that he should be considered as a genuine bowling option.

StephenZA

But he's also tended not to bowl even when Duminy hasn't been in the team. And a List A bowling average of 25 suggests that he should be considered as a genuine bowling option.
I would rather he focused on his batting. I can see him be useful and he is always an option, but should not be needed generally. Even at List A level he only bowls a few overs in half the matches generally. I do note that he bowled quite a bit for Hampshire recently. Maybe he is SA surprise weapon for the WC!

MrPrez

I think that is a bit unfair to Andile. He is better than most 5th bowlers in the other teams. It is only in comparison to a front line first 4 that he looks poor.
Considering the injury issues we have at the moment, I'd be surprised if Andile doesn't spend a fair portion of the competition as our fourth choice, to be fair.

Besides, I can't say I rate him that highly. Admittedly he's fine as a fifth choice but that's about it. If we end up having to play Morris/Pretorius alongside him due to injuries, that's when Duminy will come into his own.

StephenZA

Considering the injury issues we have at the moment, I'd be surprised if Andile doesn't spend a fair portion of the competition as our fourth choice, to be fair.

Besides, I can't say I rate him that highly. Admittedly he's fine as a fifth choice but that's about it. If we end up having to play Morris/Pretorius alongside him due to injuries, that's when Duminy will come into his own.
I think he is genuinely underrated because he has a specific job of keeping it tight in middle and at the end, which he generally does. But people like to compare him to somebody like Morris who looks the business but ultimately does not perform consistently. I mean Andile avg 10 runs more with the bat and 10 runs less with the ball than Morris, most people would not believe that. As for Andile being our 4th seamer, that is poor selection, after Nortje got injured we should have picked a replacement bowler, not another inconsistent all-rounder.

Dendarii

I would rather he focused on his batting. I can see him be useful and he is always an option, but should not be needed generally. Even at List A level he only bowls a few overs in half the matches generally. I do note that he bowled quite a bit for Hampshire recently. Maybe he is SA surprise weapon for the WC!
I agree that he shouldn't be needed in general, but I would actually prefer him over Duminy, who I think is a bit overrated as a bowler. And Markram did well for Hampshire, which suggests that English conditions might suit him, although it obviously depends on the types of pitches prepared for the World Cup.

Dendarii

I think he is genuinely underrated because he has a specific job of keeping it tight in middle and at the end, which he generally does.
And not just keeping it tight - he usually picks up wickets as well. So he's definitely better than a typical fifth bowler, and fits in perfectly with the bowler-heavy strategy that we've gone for.