• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my gears? II

PhoenixFire

Think I've done this before

People who hark on about the colour of Barack Obama's skin
People who do this would probably never admit to being racist, and I wouldn't accuse them of it, but isn't making a big deal out of the colour of people's skin the very ideology this man is trying to put behind us? Hate the fact everyone has to make a deal out of it, oh and to the writers on Cricinfo, JP Duminy isn't black. If you want to bring a sensitive subject up, get your facts right.
Yeah annoys the hell out of me that.

'Obama is the first black president.'

O RLY?? I never knew that FFS.

Uppercut

Think I've done this before

People who hark on about the colour of Barack Obama's skin
People who do this would probably never admit to being racist, and I wouldn't accuse them of it, but isn't making a big deal out of the colour of people's skin the very ideology this man is trying to put behind us? Hate the fact everyone has to make a deal out of it, oh and to the writers on Cricinfo, JP Duminy isn't black. If you want to bring a sensitive subject up, get your facts right.
Sure, in the way that noone's black or white or Lemon Chiffon. He's pretty black though, as people go. You might as well say a bin-liner isn't black because it comes from a white background (cape coloured isn't he?).

Langeveldt

Soutie
yeah, which a seperate racial group that was treated seperately during apartheid and speak a totally different language to the blacks in SA, and it's pretty poor form to call them black. Not that I'd expect everyone to know that, but someone writing for Cricinfo should..

Goughy

Sure, in the way that noone's black or white or Lemon Chiffon. He's pretty black though, as people go. You might as well say a bin-liner isn't black because it comes from a white background (cape coloured isn't he?).
Black in South Africa mean culturally Black African.

Coloured in South Africa are a completely seperate culture of mainly mixed heritage and Africaans language and culture.

Chinese and Indian fit in and around.

Coloureds are culturally and ethnically different to Blacks even if some people want to incorrectly call them the same.

Just because they are darker than white does not put them in the same category. You need to check names for simple clues. eg Ntini = Black African, Prince = Coloured.

Uppercut

Black in South Africa mean culturally Black African.

Coloured in South Africa are a completely seperate culture of mainly mixed heritage and Africaans language and culture.

Chinese and Indian fit in and around.

Coloureds are culturally and ethnically different to Blacks even if some people want to incorrectly call them the same.

Just because they are darker than white does not put them in the same category. You need to check names for simple clues. eg Ntini = Black African, Prince = Coloured.
Yeah i know, but unbeknown to some, black is in fact a colour. I know what you're talking about, but i don't think it's fair to call cricinfo writers out on calling a person with black skin black.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah i know, but unbeknown to some, black is in fact a colour. I know what you're talking about, but i don't think it's fair to call cricinfo writers out on calling a person with black skin black.
I was also told in school that black isn't a colour IIRC

G.I.Joe

Its a wonder PC hasn't crept into this domain. Hypermelaninised and Melanincally-challenged ftw :p

Linda

Finding a job in your industry post graduation. Right up there with stubbing my toe repeatedly.

This sucks!!!

ripper868

CH7 commentary at the tennis

Absolute balls up...during Tomic's game last night he was playing some solid slices etc "oo those shots are just like what Andy Murray does" or when he didnt chase balls "he gives up on the balls he knows are too good, just like a young Agassi used to do"

FFS, the kid is 16...Bernard Tomic plays like Bernard Tomic, not Andy Murray or any other tennis player to have hit a slice backhand or whipping forehand.

Add to that afetr Dokic's win "so safe to say you're back!?" it was one good win, when she knocks off the williams sisters then we can say she's back.

Son Of Coco

CH7 commentary at the tennis

Absolute balls up...during Tomic's game last night he was playing some solid slices etc "oo those shots are just like what Andy Murray does" or when he didnt chase balls "he gives up on the balls he knows are too good, just like a young Agassi used to do"

FFS, the kid is 16...Bernard Tomic plays like Bernard Tomic, not Andy Murray or any other tennis player to have hit a slice backhand or whipping forehand.

Add to that afetr Dokic's win "so safe to say you're back!?" it was one good win, when she knocks off the williams sisters then we can say she's back.
Video? :naughty: