• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Spark

Global Moderator
ridiculous.

You don't give a guy one Test match and drop him because he didn't smash it. Voges is well and truly safe for a few more tests at least.
Two more dismissals like the ones here and there'll be calls for his head. Rightly so as well, that was village.

Anyway, well played England, put up stone very good cricket. Now if we could do the same.

GotSpin

Because I just feel he sometimes sets a negative tone at the top with overly dogged style. However, you might say he is a good counterweight to the aggressive Warner.
But do you even look at the amount of runs he has scored?

This is being ridiculous

burr

Well done England!

Good start to the series, as long as Aus can lift their game. England were near perfect but Aus were below par.

Still, am surprised people are so surprised. Aus are old, batting is uninspiring beyond top 4 and haven't played well away from home for quite a while, particularly on unconjucive pitches. Plus Eng have some seriously good players. Root is class obviously and I may become a bit of a Stokes fan.

Last edited:

MW1304

Congrats to the much persecuted English posters. How do you feel about Broad?
Are we? Awesome I've never been able to play the oppression card before. I'll be vociferously calling out any hate crimes against me from here on out.

grecian

Not even down to averages (though his are very good), he takes key wickets at key junctures and wins matches. Only 28 too.
Yep. I was just looking around other England bowlers and was shocked to see the magic 30 hadn't been broke. He bowls such key spell, oh and trolls such fun innings too at times, if you are English.

Trott got Rad out BTW.