• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyBlue

Who ever bats second wins imo, both teams just have too much batting for anything other than something ridiculous like 250 to not be chaseble, providing both teams don't do something truly stupid, the toss is a huge moment
Agree.Both teams prefer chasing as well.

Though i still think Windies can contain England even if they bat first.Badree will open the bowling and both of England's openers play spin poorly.England's strength has been their top order batting.If they get them out early,England's brittle middle order will be put to test.

West Indies start as massive favorites for me anyways.

Howe_zat

Let's give Rahim the benefit of the doubt. It's probably been his lifelong dream to watch the semi finals on TV, right?

SkyBlue

Anyone else think this game had the worst collection of commentators ? Ian Bishop aside ofcourse(what a gentleman)

Slater,Gavaskar,Manjrekar,Warne.Absolute dross.It felt like they were doing commentary for some Indian fan channel or something.

zorax

likes this
Pandya is a long term project. He's our best bet for number 7 in 2019. He shouldnt be going anywhere.

If anything he should have gotten a chance to bat on this pitch.

190 was definitely enough runs. We got ****ed by the dew, ****ed by the umpires, and ****ed by a team full of big hitters who clicked. We almost had a brilliant catch on the boundary, but by a matter of millimeters it was a six. We bowled too many bad balls.

At the end of the day, **** happens. India were a perfectly fine team who just had a really **** day.

LightningStrike

Anyone else think this game had the worst collection of commentators ? Ian Bishop aside ofcourse(what a gentleman)

Slater,Gavaskar,Manjrekar,Warne.Absolute dross.It felt like they were doing commentary for some Indian fan channel or something.
Hahaa. The guy that said "bowled HIM!" in the T20 women's semi-final. What a Gentleman, :happy:

vcs

Pandya is a long term project. He's our best bet for number 7 in 2019. He shouldnt be going anywhere.

If anything he should have gotten a chance to bat on this pitch.

190 was definitely enough runs. We got ****ed by the dew, ****ed by the umpires, and ****ed by a team full of big hitters who clicked. We almost had a brilliant catch on the boundary, but by a matter of millimeters it was a six. We bowled too many bad balls.

At the end of the day, **** happens. India were a perfectly fine team who just had a really **** day.
Agree fully with the last line, I said at the start that T20 is an unpredictable format and all this talk of making India firm favourites is nonsense. But what did the umpires do wrong?

Yeah, 190 was a good score. Dew didn't help. Then again, we weren't complaining when it went in our favour in 2011, so meh.

SkyBlue

****ed by the umpires ? What decision did they get wrong ?

If anything the crowd had the stranglehold of the umpires.There were a couple of wide balls which werent called wide and an obvious waist high no-ball from Jadeja which wasnt given a no-ball.

9 out of 10 times,the team batting second at Wankhede will chase down any score.The toss was the crucial moment in the game and it just happened to be Windies' day.Toss is just down to luck.

I believe Indian team is probably the best team at creating pressure in chasing situations and if they cant do that,no team can.

This is the problem.While setting a score on Wankhede,you'd need some power hitters who can up the ante.As marvelously well as Kohli played,we should've scored more.We could've accelerated in the middle overs if one of Rahane or Kohli could clear the boundary easily but they're not power hitters so there's the other side of the coin too.

Edit : not blaming Kohli ofcourse but i think he dint receive enough support from the other end

Last edited:

burr

good match that. i thoroughly enjoyed listening at work. made a very mundane task highly entertaining. i also think they should instigate a commentary rule as per test umpiring. you can't commentate your country's matches. viewer/listener pleasure would increase out of sight.

mr_mister

great knock Kohli
great knock Charles, Simmons, Russell

great cricket all around

****ing love Sammy but my god it's hilarious how little he's done with bat/ball

vcs

Dunno about that.. if he's a prospect for 2019, he should be played when he's ready in 2019. Success in T20s is all about short-termism, not building for some future success that will probably never arrive. WI is the best example of that. That said, we aren't exactly flush with fast-bowling allrounder options.

You look at someone like Stokes, he's pretty rough around the edges in the limited-overs formats, but his talent makes him easily worth persevering with, and he's shown that several times. Pandya's done nothing of the sort.

SkyBlue

Mushfiqur Rahim
‏@mushfiqur15
Sorry to all of you guys...as i am a big West Indies supporter but anyway sorry again for some harsh words...!!!!

:lol:

SkyBlue

One good thing about this final now is there'll be less media hype, thankfully no bollywood flavor as it would've been if India reached the final,the focus will purely be on cricket on the field between two competitive teams.
I expect a sold out crowd either way probably cheering Windies.