• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
it still gets me that after chahal got out, kane didnt even smile, just marched in to his team like he was heading straight to the final.

**** he's one cold ****

flibbertyjibber

The reserve day for each game would be the match day for the next. So you’d only get two simultaneous games occasionally. Not that that’s a disaster- they chose to do it on Saturdays this time.
The supposed problem of getting to the next venue isn't an issue in England either as it isn't a big country so plenty of time to prepare for the next match.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watching a replay of the last half hour this morning, at the end of I think the 44th over, Ferguson bowled a short wide one which Dhoni left, and Ferguson just shrugged as if to say “Er you do know the RRR is over 10 right?”
Yep it was the 2019 version of the 1975 Gavaskar knock. That leave recieved high praise from Ganguly. I was amazed that Hardik batted ahead of MS.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dhoni should have absolutely come in earlier. I don't have massive issues with his knock, but we wouldn't be batting Taylor at 7 in that situation. Should've been in at 5 for sure IMO.

Arachnodouche

Yes, after all the balltalk of keeping the batting flexible, they had to send Karthik AND Pandya ahead of Dhoni? So when exactly was he going to earn his keep? Just another in a long litany of overprocessed, self-righteous tactical blunders by the "team management".

Athlai

Not Terrible
it still gets me that after chahal got out, kane didnt even smile, just marched in to his team like he was heading straight to the final.

**** he's one cold ****
It's one thing about Williamson's reign that we didn't quite have with McCullum. We seem to be able to build pressure even when behind the game these days. There is a kind of ruthless tenacity that sometimes comes out when we're play, an ability to wrestle the momentum back in our favour.

With Baz we had MORE momentum I think, but we didn't have the ability to control it as much. I'm pretty sure Kane is a robot sent from the future to win NZ a world cup.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have to say and I didnt watch his innings due to State of Origin, Karthick was an uninspiring selection. He seemed like he was picked in the squad as an injury cover and surely not the next best pure bat.

Failing to make a World Cup Final twice in a row during Virats prime has been astonishing. Must now wait for home conditions at the next Cup.

stephen

Yes, after all the balltalk of keeping the batting flexible, they had to send Karthik AND Pandya ahead of Dhoni? So when exactly was he going to earn his keep? Just another in a long litany of overprocessed, self-righteous tactical blunders by the "team management".
Dhoni has enough clout and credibility in India that he can bat whee he likes, particularly if India are 3/5. He's just a coward who didn't want to face a moving ball so he could protect his average, sending the rookies out in front of him.

Imagine if Pant and Pandya had have had an anchor at the other end calming them and guiding them through the chase. It would have been a different story altogether.

Neil Young

Dhoni has enough clout and credibility in India that he can bat whee he likes, particularly if India are 3/5. He's just a coward who didn't want to face a moving ball so he could protect his average, sending the rookies out in front of him.

Imagine if Pant and Pandya had have had an anchor at the other end calming them and guiding them through the chase. It would have been a different story altogether.
Dhoni literally spoke to Pandya two deliveries before he heaved the ball across the line and straight down Williamson's gob.

Amirfan

Dramatic match in the end even if it wasnt high quality. As much as I wanted NZ to win vs India, I must admit their win makes me very salty.

Predictably Kohli and Sharma failed. They are great but metronomic players who just lack that little X Factor to win a WC knockout. This is where the likes of Inzamam, Viv and Gilchrist excelled. Kane Williamson was impressive. Congrats to NZ fans and players.

I really hope Aus win the WC from here.

Amirfan

New Zealand need to play Southee at Lords. They will need his big hitting down the order if they want to compete with Australia

Athlai

Not Terrible
New Zealand need to play Southee at Lords. They will need his big hitting down the order if they want to compete with Australia
I agree entirely. Henry's MOTM performance in the semi final doesn't counteract the fact that Southee can hit bigger sixes every now and then.