• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

BeeGee

Then it's either double the length of the tournament or only televise one game in two(ish) . The first is not realistic, I'd be happy with the second, though.
You can broadcast more than one live game at the same time.

There are other ways of getting more games in a shorter period, like basing three or four teams at a single venue and having them play each other in a compressed time period before the teams all move to a new venue and a new group and you do it all over again.

Last edited:

Amirfan

Ok, so New Zealand's bowlers took early wickets against Australia the last time these teams played, so 300+ is a certainty?

And anyway, the Lord's slope suits Henry's style of bowling. He's also a heavy hitting lower order batsman. He has a better average and strike rate than Southee in ODI's. And in any case, do you seriously think even for a second that Southee's slogs are going to make any difference against Starc's 150k inswingers?
Australia made 250 despite their worst bowling performance. Chances are they will make 300+ this time. On second thoughts, Henry can land a few hits so he should stay. They should consider Southee instead of Boult/Santner. Boult is one of the best but largely ineffective against Aus anyway and Santner will be rendered useless on a flat bed. I'm leaning towards Southee for Boult because Santner can also hit a few lusty blows.

The Hutt Rec

Australia made 250 despite their worst bowling performance. Chances are they will make 300+ this time. On second thoughts, Henry can land a few hits so he should stay. They should consider Southee instead of Boult/Santner. Boult is one of the best but largely ineffective against Aus anyway and Santner will be rendered useless on a flat bed. I'm leaning towards Southee for Boult because Santner can also hit a few lusty blows.
Boult has taken 29 wickets in 11 ODIs against Australia at 17.96, strike rate 20.5.

Amirfan

Boult has taken 29 wickets in 11 ODIs against Australia at 17.96, strike rate 20.5.
Outside of NZ - sorry I should have made it clearer (yes I know he got 4 in the group game but that included 3 in the last over when Aus already had a winning score and were going hell for leather).

aussie tragic

Outside of NZ - sorry I should have made it clearer (yes I know he got 4 in the group game but that included 3 in the last over when Aus already had a winning score and were going hell for leather).

So you mean in Australia then...hardly relevant. Why can't you just admit you got it wrong about Boult (and NZ for that matter).

Last edited:

thundaboult

I have watched that Ian Smith compilation from ICC three times already. Such a joy to watch Ian jumping around. He takes you along with you and sweeps you off your feet with the joy he emits. Absolutely loved it :wub:
Can you send me the link to this video?? I can't find it. Absolutely love that man to bits

BeeGee

Was Williamson great with the bowling changes or what
His captaincy was excellent all round. My only slight critique would be that I would have liked to see him bowl a couple of overs in the middle. It was a spin friendly deck and it would have given him extra flexibility at the end if one of the seamers got smashed around.

Neil Young

You can broadcast more than one live game at the same time.
Well, obviously yeah. In theory you could broadcast as many games as you liked at the same time. And if we weren't in a world where money dictated everything, I am sure they would.

There are other ways of getting more games in a shorter period, like basing three or four teams at a single venue and having them play each other in a compressed time period before the teams all move to a new venue and a new group and you do it all over again.
This is a pretty sensible shout if they could get round the pitch preparations issues. Where maybe they could lay the green cover as per the game the other day.

BeeGee

New Zealand need to play Southee at Lords. They will need his big hitting down the order if they want to compete with Australia
I thought this was the stupidest post of the thread...

NZ need Southee for his power hitting If they can't score 300 Vs Aus it's game over and if they chase it will likely be 300+ as well. Southee in place of Henry and Munro in place of Guptill will give them that hitting depth. Harsh on Henry but horses for courses.
... then this came along. And ...

They scored almost 250 despite their entire batting line-up failing which only reinforces my point.
... wow, Aus scoring nearly 250 against NZ at Lords reinforces your point that they will score 300+ against NZ at Lords?

A trifecta of steaming turds.

Last edited:

Jezroy

Just watching highlights again. Those guys really did a great job in this game. And I think they still have areas they can improve. It’s very exciting.

Just hope whoever they come up against in the final, they stand up like they did over the last couple of days. And hope Guptill scores a ton so everyone remembers why he’s there.

Bahnz

Why? I mean sure it could happen, but NZ have conceeded 300+ only once in the entire tournament and that was when Ferguson was out injured.

_Ed_

I want this so, so bad. Please, please, please, you can make it my birthday and Christmas present. I've been good.
I reckon his amazing run out might give him a bit of a confidence boost that can translate into his batting.

Frost

So you want to chop up and change one of the best bowling units for the off chance Southee might hit a few 6s something Boult is more than capable of doing. Dumb.