• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Albums you've listened to today

Burgey

Don't think I've posted any on a workday here but what about:

Commuting - back in the days of old when people used to work in offices, my commute was an hour so I'd often listen to an album
Cooking - one of my most common times for listening to music
Firstly, you should be working on your commute instead of sloughing off

Secondly, you should have people who cook for you ffs.

SillyCowCorner1

Anyone who has time to listen to albums on a work day is a bum
At work in the back dam, one guy has a bluetooth speaker...while another has an mp3 player (like an Ipod)....good amount of space on it. Lots of 'albums'. It keeps us busy (and sane) while collecting samples far away from any civilization.

Spark

Global Moderator
I pretty much always am listening to music through headphones while I work. That's why I've racked up at least a thousand plays of Stars Of The Lid albums over the years, just by putting it on in the background when I have nothing else to listen to.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ecce Homo - Grant Hart
The Argument - Grant Hart
Sleepwalker - The Kinks
Perdida - Stone Temple Pilots

The latter the biggest surprise. It's a full-on acoustic, country-flecked, dare one say it, folk album from STP. Surprisingly beautiful it is too.

Matey boy, the new singer (Jeff Gutt, apparently, so the liner booklet says) really sounds frighteningly like Weiland too. Certainly the best thing they've done this century.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band

50 years old, bleak as ****, but my word it stands up

_Ed_

Judas Priest - Firepower

It probably doesn't compare all that favourably with some of their peak stuff, but IMO this is a pretty solid effort for a band closing in on their 50th anniversary. Plenty of enjoyable songs, and I particularly like this one:

cpr

So i cracked and bought some new vinyl yesterday. Asda were whacking out Nevermind for £11 and the Pulp Fiction soundtrack for a tenner - the latter just screams 'play me on vinyl' IMO. So there's todays listen.

Also, new vinyl is so much thicker than original albums, feels weird..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't beat heavyweight vinyl

Currently blasting Definitely Maybe. My god it ages beautifully

Spark

Global Moderator
So i cracked and bought some new vinyl yesterday. Asda were whacking out Nevermind for £11 and the Pulp Fiction soundtrack for a tenner - the latter just screams 'play me on vinyl' IMO. So there's todays listen.

Also, new vinyl is so much thicker than original albums, feels weird..
Can't beat heavyweight vinyl

Currently blasting Definitely Maybe. My god it ages beautifully
This talk is seriously going to push me into actually getting a turntable (a proper one, not an ancient 50 year old one with a 50 year old cartridge that'll probably rip any records I put in it to shreds before long) and LPs of my favourite albums if it continues

Line and Length

Into the Stones today - pre the loss of Brian Jones

Rolling Stones - "Aftermath"

Rolling Stones - "Between the Buttons" - one of their more interesting studio albums. This is the UK/Australian version not the USA release which removed "Backstreet Girl" and "Please Go Home" and replaced them with the double A side single numbers "Ruby Tuesday" and "Let's Spend the Night Together".

One of my favourite tracks