• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Albums you've listened to today

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Into the Stones today - pre the loss of Brian Jones

Rolling Stones - "Aftermath"

Rolling Stones - "Between the Buttons" - one of their more interesting studio albums. This is the UK/Australian version not the USA release which removed "Backstreet Girl" and "Please Go Home" and replaced them with the double A side single numbers "Ruby Tuesday" and "Let's Spend the Night Together".

One of my favourite tracks

The American bastardisation of Beatles and Stones albums is a crime against humanity. Probably more of a hatchet job on The Beatles, but still unforgivable how they did whatever the **** they felt like with the early Stones ones

Which version of Aftermath were you listening to? Great album either way tbf, had the UK version spinning last week

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The American bastardisation of Beatles and Stones albums is a crime against humanity. Probably more of a hatchet job on The Beatles, but still unforgivable how they did whatever the **** they felt like with the early Stones ones

Which version of Aftermath were you listening to? Great album either way tbf, had the UK version spinning last week
Is the White Album on Spotify a hatchet job too? Listening aws.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is the White Album on Spotify a hatchet job too? Listening aws.
No. Everything you listen to online now is the UK album, except magical mystery tour which wasn't an album here in the homeland upon release. The American version of that was adopted into canon when the albums got released on CD in 87, mainly for convenience as it didn't cut any songs, simply added non album singles. But the white album was always released uniform, everything from Peppers onwards was (again except for Magical Mystery Tour) - this being a term of their new record deal in 1967

Last edited:

Line and Length

My Aftermath LP is the UK version - thankfully! The US version misses 4 tracks and replaces them with one (Paint it Black).

Age probably has a lot to do with it.
Granted! We all get there eventually!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm listening to use your illusion 2 while I cook a spag bol, this is what you call winning

RossTaylorsBox

A Froberg kick today since I was doing some tedious programming stuff.

Drive Like Jehu - Yank Crime
Hot Snakes - Suicide Invoice
Obits - I Blame You