• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. CricAddict

Guess the poster

Guys, just thought of a new game. Most probably it might have been done already but couldn't find any thread on it. We post a gem post from a poster and others guess who it is. Let me start off. Without doing a search, guess the CW poster who wrote this. "You should write a book on the...
  2. CricAddict

Cricket achievements of CWers

Just read SCC's interview and saw that he has played first division. If we have to rank CWers in terms of cricket achievements, how will they rank? JimmyGS clearly is at top being a successful international player but I do not have much idea about others here and interested to know. To rank as...
  3. CricAddict

Retirement thread

I see that there is no thread or posts to pay tribute to not-so-famous cricketers who retire, hence creating this thread. Niall O'Brien retired this week. Has been Ireland's flag bearer along with Porterfield and his brother for a long time and credit to him for playing for the country till...
  4. CricAddict

India vs England test series - Last Man Standing

Hi all, Separating the game from the tour thread. Winner 1: GaryLyon Currently standing: zorax, Daemon, Pratters
  5. CricAddict

All time XIs discussion

A thread to discuss all the all time XIs that Nufan has created across countries. We can have a promotion/delegation game here in future where the current/future player enters into a team and one of the incumbents is demoted on a consensus.
  6. CricAddict

***Official*** ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Sun Mar 4 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST) Group B - Afghanistan v Scotland Bulawayo Athletic Club Sun Mar 4 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST) Group A - Papua New Guinea v United Arab Emirates Harare Sports Club Sun Mar 4 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)...
  7. CricAddict

Most favourite current cricketer in CW

I am not sure if we already have a thread for this but I am fine to run this as a poll annually. You can like the cricketer for cricketing or non-cricketing reasons. Not compulsory to give the reasons. So if everyone is interested, will run this poll. Please go ahead and nominate your current 3...
  8. CricAddict

Ben Stokes vs Ravi Ashwin

Who is the better allrounder?
  9. CricAddict

Natural talent

A doubt in my mind on all sports including cricket. There are so many sons of sportspersons who succeed in the same sport. Is it because of natural talent or since they have better access to facilities and coaching? Is natural talent real?
  10. CricAddict

Are the Aussies getting back to the attitude era?

Are the Aussies getting back to their attitude era of 1990s where they dominated and crushed every single opponent? Or is this WC win a flash in the pan and teams will continue to equally compete like the last few years?
  11. CricAddict

2015 World Cup compared to other World Cups

How do you guys think that the teams in 2015 WC stack against the teams of previous World cups? To me, this looks the weakest of all. There is no team that we can say as very strong and has very few legends/reputed/world class ODI batsmen and bowlers compared to the previous cups. Few current...
  12. CricAddict

Cook vs Warne

Warne tells Cook: 'Take a rest' Shane Warne has stepped up his criticism of Alastair Cook's captaincy, insisting that his leadership of England at Headingley represented the worst day of international captaincy he had witnessed in 25 years. In an outspoken column in The Daily Telegraph Warne...
  13. CricAddict

Most favourite innings of Sachin Tendulkar

What do you think is his best knock from your POV? My favourite is the 143 against Australia in Sharjah. Coupled with the awesome commentary, my emotions just went over the roof while watching that match and I can never forget it..
  14. CricAddict

World T20 Qualifiers

Schedule Fri Nov 15 06:00 GMT | 10:00 local 11:30 IST 1st Match, Group A - Ireland v Namibia Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi N/A Fri Nov 15 06:00 GMT | 10:00 local 11:30 IST 2nd Match, Group A - United Arab Emirates v Uganda Sheikh Zayed Stadium Nursery 1, Abu Dhabi N/A Fri Nov 15...
  15. CricAddict

Ishant Sharma vs Jade Dernbach

Who is the worst bowler in cricket? To me, Ishant wins it hands down. Wanted to know others' views..
  16. CricAddict

Underneath the Southern Cross

From the article, looks like so many interesting insights in Hussey's new book. Anyone planning to buy it? Australia Cricket News: Michael Hussey tells of split in Australia camp | ESPN Cricinfo Michael Hussey has revealed in a new book that his failure to attend a boat party after his final...
  17. CricAddict

Publicly urinating England players

After Monty Panesar incident, now other England players have followed suit. England news : England's late-night antics bring Morris headache | Cricket News | Australia in England - The Investec Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo
  18. CricAddict

Obscure non-cricket reasons resulting in players not able to play the match

As flibberty suggested, starting a thread to list incidents of players sitting out of test matches due to obscure non-cricket reasons..
  19. CricAddict

Worst choke ever

Which is the worst choke ever by a team in your opinion? The NZ vs SA match today is high up in the rankings in that. I do remember a match in which Kallis and Klusener choked against India in India while chasing an easy target and couldnt chase it even though they had wickets in hand. They...
  20. CricAddict

Your favourite CW poster

Hoping for just some fun without any controversies. Who is your favourite CW poster? Mine would be Overall: Silent Striker and Brumby Hilarious: Benchy Sensible posts: Jono