• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Manee

If a selection fails, is it wrong?

Hi. Just would like to ask this question to the members of CW. It is not a silly question as I have found mixed responses when I've discussed it with people but I think there will be a unanimous response on CW. To explain further, I am asking whether a selection of batsman x who goes on to...
  2. Manee

Another Stupid Manee Poll

Hi... Again curious about the results of this. If you think I'm a **** for asking such a benign and stupid question with no discernible reason, let me know...would appreciate if you voted anyway though... Thanks...
  3. Manee

Quote Test

Hi, Bit bored and panicking about something so launching a perhaps pointless thread (aren't all threads pointless?). Place the quote to the man and time and then explain why it was one of the most unintentionally amusing moments in cricket. "I would have...[long pause]" I will be extremely...
  4. Manee

Quick poll - participation appreciated

Hi, Got a quick poll up. Would appreciate voting Yes or No. I'm not hoping to stimulate a discussion, I'm just interested in the results for a reason which is pretty uninteresting. Please do not look at the results before voting. Q. I try too hard in life to impress others. Thank you...
  5. Manee

Lower Back Pain

Andrew Leipus on the back problems that fast bowlers suffer | Cricket Features | Fitness Zone | ESPN Cricinfo This article perfectly describes the pain I've had for the past 15 months. Dull ache in the lower right side of my back. Are there any cricket physios on CW who can help with how to...
  6. Manee

I ****ing did it

One year on from diagnosed with cancer and i'm still here. drunk off my face and loving life. **** you cancer and yay to life. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......
  7. Manee

Fully Scientific Selection

Hi, Was wondering what reservations the CC posters on CW have about a domestic or international team employing a more scientific and less intuition based selection policy (i.e. the sort of stuff that is regarded as common sense on these forums) for their team, rigorously. For example, we...
  8. Manee

My Summer

Hi, people may be interested in this, it is an article of my time over the summer fighting illness. I think it is a tad "whoa-is-me" but I've been told it is a good read. Just so people gain the tone, it was originally written for Facebook and then just a few words were changed so it could go on...
  9. Manee

Locating Americans on Cricket article

Hi all, There was an article posted here a little while back which was two Americans going through the World Cup Semi Final and commenting with comparisons to baseball. Can anyone locate the link for me, please. Thanks.
  10. Manee

Proof read of couple articles request

Was thinking of starting a blog to use up some of my free time when undergoing chemotherapy. I've got a couple very different articles, one on cricket and one is a bit of a ramble and I was wondering if someone could just let me know if they're any good or are in need of a bit of...
  11. Manee

Success of Right/Left Arm Medium bowlers?

Okay, one of the main talking points in Indian cricket is whether bowlers who bowl at the range of 125kph (at the beginning of a spell or day) to 115kph (at the end) are admissible to Test cricket? India are full of bowlers who bowl at that sort of speed and they constitute the top domestic...
  12. Manee

Beaten at full strength?

In the light of the Australia loss to India and massive outrage about selection, I'd say I would be finding myself doing this too if India had lost the Test. But I raise the bigger question, when has your team and I'm talking especially about Australia, South Africa, India and England been...
  13. Manee

The lucky bowlers, and the luckless ones

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I thought this can help increase the proof behind an often used luck argument for bowlers in international cricket. The lucky bowlers, and the luckless ones | Regulars | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com
  14. Manee

How should I have reacted?

I'd love to know CW's reactions to an interesting anecdote about a driving instructor that I had last year (have a new one now as he moved on to teaching only automatic cars). Apologies for not knowing the technical terms but the instructor was a muslim man who wore the traditional muslim...
  15. Manee

Double Bouncer

What are people's thoughts on the double bouncer, which is being discussed as a new variation for spin bowlers. The ECB have banned it from county cricket and I know it is banned from the particular club league I play in, but it seems to still be allowed in List A international matches. And...
  16. Manee

Cricket AM speed gun challenge

I'm not expecting a massive reply to this thread (or any), but think that the Cricket AM speed gun challenge is a pretty interesting venture to find the pace of club bowlers. From my experience with a handheld gun, its evident that the bulk of club bowlers (below a high club level) are between...
  17. Manee

Go on!

Hi, Go on, please let me have the two pending changes that I have at the moment (Manee91). I have pending, Suresh Raina and Ashok Dinda to come in for JP Duminy and Theron. They were made seconds before the match started and it did say that the changes were successful...
  18. Manee

Politics Question

I know this should be in the UK politics thread, but I'd like a quick answer and then this can be closed. Just a very quick question as I go to sit my AS Politics exam on Thursday... What is the difference between the City Academies introduced by Labour and these reforms proposed by Michael...
  19. Manee

Empathy

Was just having a think to myself today and thought that the idea of empathy in terms of stepping into somebody else's shoes, looking through somebody else's eyes, is quite a ludicrous one. I suscribe to Hume's Bundle Theory of Self* (as well as modern views that note the self as a fiction) and...
  20. Manee

Off season weight training

Hi all, I was thinking that I need to put on muscle mass during the English off season. I move the ball quite a lot in the air and off the seam but while no one can accuse me of being slow, I don't get the ball through at an enormous pace. If I were to estimate, I'd reckon I spend most of my...