• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Members VIII

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's that time of year, let's get this show on the road.

SparkEdit: Voting has now begun at the end of the thread if you're just seeing this for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Once again, reiterate that this thread is not an excuse to vent about another poster, keep it positive or don't say anything at all. Simple.

Spikey

Yeah mate i'm uh not getting ahead of myself. Obviously there's a lot of great blokes around on the site and uh you know if I get voted Champion great, but it's not something I'm thinking too much about mate.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah mate i'm uh not getting ahead of myself. Obviously there's a lot of great blokes around on the site and uh you know if I get voted Champion great, but it's not something I'm thinking too much about mate.
Needs more "obviously" and "As I say"

Adamc

-1 vic_orthdox

Assumed GF was nominating himself to run it, happy to stay on as an overpaid consultant but cbf doing it again myself. Was looking through last year's thread recently, this the highlight imo, especially in light of the eventual winner:

**** me did Ikki nearly beat me, ****ing hell, need to post more meaningless stats, 77% of all people hate grapes, kumquats or gays, or summat.

I would do my childish thing of last year, of banning people from voting for me, because I knew I'd get humiliated sooner or later, but I haven't the energy. Gimp shouldn't vote for me though, he's a bit, well ya know, surely you know, I don't have to spell it out, it's just distasteful, and no matter how poor a muckerr is at times we must keep quiet, and try not to slag them off, at times they can't even help it. makes me shudder, but ya know, even scousers are allowed to live in society nowadays. Pc gone Mad, IMHO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't mind running it, unless someone is absolutely desperate to run this, or objects to me doing it.

Thought last year's format was pretty good, the first round was pretty good at sorting the wheat from the chaff, and whilst it avoided big clashes like Burgey vs Smitteh in '10, it also avoids the possibility of a totally forgettable tie in the first round.

Howe_zat

Well of course, it's just such an honour, and look, y'know, obviously I'm just really happy to be here, putting in the right areas

DingDong

i'd just like to say i would vote for anybody who's in a battle with burgey. if u are in a battle with burgey and a bit behind just send me a pm and u can be rest assured i will vote for u

just send me a pm so i don't miss it

Spikey

Well of course, it's just such an honour, and look, y'know, obviously I'm just really happy to be here, putting in the right areas
Like I said the other day, it'd be be a honour but obviously I've got my own boarding processes to focus on and that's what I'm focusing on right now.

Howe_zat

i'd just like to say i would vote for anybody who's in a battle with burgey. if u are in a battle with burgey and a bit behind just send me a pm and u can be rest assured i will vote for u

I have a feeling this could be your year.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Once again, reiterate that this thread is not an excuse to vent about another poster, keep it positive or don't say anything at all. Simple.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: