• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Members VIII

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Spark. Good kid. Great in the tour threads and is a fellow music nerd.

He's probably been here for several years now but I still think of him and Howezers as being the cream of the quote-unquote "new" crop. It's the "Ronnie Wood is the new one in the Stones" syndrome.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Spark. Good kid. Great in the tour threads and is a fellow music nerd.

He's probably been here for several years now but I still think of him and Howezers as being the cream of the quote-unquote "new" crop. It's the "Ronnie Wood is the new one in the Stones" syndrome.
Haha yes indeed, I think the same.

Think this battle may have happened last year, I'll say one thing, it's a lot harder to vote on now than it was then - hell even if I'm imagining it, the theory still applies. Spark has become a true forum institution this past year and he's managed to have his stock rise rather than fall since becoming a mod which is normally unthinkable, not because I hate all mods (just Flem and Cribb) but just because of the nature of it.

He also contributed to Oasis finishing 3rd in the CW50 and provided a few stellar write ups.

Which brings me to Brumby, who was so saddened by Go betweens not getting a write up that he provided me a few more, including backups for ones I was waiting on that went unused. He emailed me most Fridays during my exile to remind me about my prem tips, and let's face it, he's class on any subject he chooses to discuss. He's hilarious to boot. The one black mark is the vote against yours truly in the previous round, WAC

In the end it's the Cribb method that decides my vote. Both probably equally as good, albeit in different ways, right now but Brumby has been doing it since I got here. If Spark keeps up his current work he'll win a hatful of these without doubt but at the moment I'm gonna have to give my vote to BB.

Howe_zat

Always odd to see people put me in the same forum-age-bracket as Spark. Pretty sure he had around 8000 posts when I joined.

I genuinely can't think of a reason to vote for one of these that I can't say of the other. Gonna have to wuss out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always odd to see people put me in the same forum-age-bracket as Spark. Pretty sure he had around 8000 posts when I joined.

I genuinely can't think of a reason to vote for one of these that I can't say of the other. Gonna have to wuss out.
Don't think he had that many, but for me at least it's because I only really 'noticed' Spark during the 10-11 Ashes, and you joined just before that series IIRC

grecian

Your all noobs if you didn't join in 2005 or earlier, I don't even differentiate between most of you, your like an amalgamation of newbie chatter.

No offence. :)