• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breakfast tomorrow

Shri

Feeling like ordering in from my favourite breakfast place so I might have bhuja gardi (lamb kidneys in spinach gravy) with rumali rotis.
Reading this post reminds me of a pretty long term trick played on me by my brother. When we ordered mutton liver at restaurants, he'd split the dish into two and somehow give me all the hard bits of liver and he did this for 15 years. Wasn't until I was 25 that I knew mutton livers can actually be soft and tender.:@

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Don't have breakfast often but will probably have a heavy duty chocolate milk shake sometimes. Will do it tomorrow to beat the heatwave.

Pothas

Wtf??? Where was your GF from.......was it genuine haggis? Im not going to upset furball by getting into the "problems" with haggis but I will say it has no ****ing place in a full English breakfast.
Haggis is great. Never had it on a cooked breakfast but would certainly not object. Would not be quite as good as having black pudding but would play a similar role.

Adders

Haggis is great. Never had it on a cooked breakfast but would certainly not object. Would not be quite as good as having black pudding but would play a similar role.
Im not going to argue against the virtues of haggis, you're either a lover or hater and im definitely the latter. I will argue that it should not be involved with anything called a full English breakfast though.

I was just amazed to hear an Indian guy in Sydney had his GF cook it for him.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Chakkara Pongal is good when it has a lot of cashews.

I only like regular pongal when it's hot, freshly made and there's white coconut chuntney to eat it with.

Idlis are very hit or miss for me. Thin delicate idlis which are melt-in-your-mouth soft and hot are absolutely amazing. Not a big fan of 90% of idlis though.

vcs

True. Dosas are nearly always solid though, even when they aren't that good.

Shri

I haven't eaten idlis in like 15 years. Parents were convinced that I'd crave it after 2 years away from home but I told them that they suck at making it.

honestbharani

My mom and wife make amazing idlis though. I guess if you make the batter at home, its a lot better usually. And no Teja, Pongal with great onion sambar is where it's at. I usually do not like the coconut chutney.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Wtf man! That's your mid week breakfast?
I'm on afternoon shifts so I have a bit of time but the whole process was only ten mins or so. Usually just go some vegemite toast with a cup of tea if I am starting early.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Feeling like ordering in from my favourite breakfast place so I might have bhuja gardi (lamb kidneys in spinach gravy) with rumali rotis.
I absolutely love kidneys. Offal isn't something I normally like, but kidneys are so good. My nan used to make them for me when I was a kid. We do a devilled kidney type thing, but I might google bhuja gardi for a recipe.

Smudge

Think I'm going to have three poached eggs on toast
Harsh.ag:

Sounds great, GIMH. I've got a great recipe for poached eggs!

Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

Shri

Poached eggs are cracked and dropped into hot water

Screams british invention

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm craving chole bhatura with the bhatura being iron hot, full of air and everything.

Can't order that obv. :(