• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's being re-run on Channel 4 at the moment, and I'm sorry to say it's absolutely rubbish. I can't believe that even teenage/adolescent me ever thought it was good.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's still good but you really have to embrace your 90s early 000s self to really enjoy it. I listened to a feminist podcast that went over each episode for a while and it was pretty enjoyable. (This is earnest ftr.) theyd also make up a song about each episode that was quite good.

Was a fun way to reexperience buffy without having to relive it first hand.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's fine for what it is I guess, but honestly the writing is about as good as an episode of Power Rangers, and tends to follow the exact same structure too.

Villains hatch idiotic scheme of the week to thwart the pesky teenagers. Teenagers thwart scheme. Shows ends with villain stupid monologue about how next time they will be successful and unleash "true evil".

BoyBrumby

Englishman
One of the few times I genuinely smiled at Friends was when Phoebe's identical twin sister Ursula was making pron films (using Phoebe's name) and one was called Buffay the Vampire Layer.

Shri

Remember it being good but I watched it more than 10 years ago. Also remember that it wasn't great save for a few episodes that still come to mind when I think about it like when Buffy's mom dies, the silent episode, the musical etc