• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you remember your first day at school?

Smudge

No.

I recall fleeting moments from my first two months at Huntly East School before we moved to Hamilton. Mainly revolving around the playground and how intimidating the size of it seemed to me.

Chewie

The only part of it I recall is not realising that it was everyone's first day, not just mine, and hence annoying some of the other children by asking them loads of questions about school generally which they obviously didn't know
In NZ you start from your 5th birthday so not everyone starts at the same time. I remember going in a few times before my birthday with my mum for a short period to get me used to it - she'd stay the whole time so it wasn't really school.

Then on my first proper day, there were a few other people who were starting and I remember my mum going "hey, that's Catherine, you know Catherine" even though I didn't remember her but it meant we became friends since our mums knew each other and we started school together.

I also remember the bells going off for end of morning tea and not knowing what they meant so I kept playing until I realised there was no one else around. Or maybe I didn't hear them until I realised everyone else had gone.

Starfighter

I do. Not my fondest memory I must say. Looking back I can say that things began to go downhill from preschool onwards.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't, but weirdly I actually remember a day a week or two beforehand where we got to kind of tour the school and our soon-to-be-classroom. It must have worked out as an ice breaker for me to still remember it.

fredfertang

My mother has always maintained that I behaved very badly, although she never specified in what way - she is now 90 and says she can't remember thus condemning me to forever live in the shadow of my younger brother who was, apparently, "no trouble at all"

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
I also remember the bells going off for end of morning tea and not knowing what they meant so I kept playing until I realised there was no one else around. Or maybe I didn't hear them until I realised everyone else had gone.
Apparently in my first year I had to be searched for a few times after lunch was over because I’d crawl under the tarp covering a sandpit and fall asleep

SillyCowCorner1

I remember only the boiled duck egg I took with me on my first day of Nursery school. I threw it at the teacher and received a thrashing.

Shady Slim

can’t remember my first day of school but this thread reminded me of a story from pre school

you know in children’s playgrounds those tunnels that you crawl through? one day just as the play break ended, while there was a guy in the tunnel, someone put a chair with a solid opaque back on either end of the tunnel. kid in the tunnel couldn’t get out and we none of us knew where he was when the group went back inside and the preschool teachers got (understandably) super worried when we went back in down one kid... they found the kid in the tunnel of course but still laughs all around tbh

StephenZA

I don't remember the first day of school but I do remember part of the pre-interview in the headmasters office... the headmaster handed me a rubber ball and asked me to throw it, so I instantly turned towards the unopen window and threw it as hard as I could. The look on my mothers face as it bounced off the window it is still a happy memory.