• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you remember your first day at school?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Na, my first few months of school were in Scotland and my only memories of school are drawing a picture of me wanting to be a football player and another of me smashing a kids head into the wall for making fun of my accent.

Flem274*

123/5
vaguely. my earliest strong school memories are drawing a picture called 'the hill' where i just coloured the entire box green and throwing up on the teachers desk then bursting into tears.

Gnske

I remember only entering the classroom for the first time, old man in tow. Sat down at my desk, tried to figure out the drawer, looked at the crappy alphabet laminated and stuck to the top of my desk, kid next to me sat down. Can't remember anything else, but I made friends with that kid and now he's a super conservative young liberal with Hitler's dream of a Swedish girl churning butter for a missus.

honestbharani

I remember crying coz my mom left me at the gate. The idiots let all of us kids stay outside the hall and watch the parents leave. Little wonder they ended up with a class full of crying 4 year olds.

Daemon

This was Kindergarten but apparently my mum told me to not look at anyone if I get scared and so I hid under the table

zorax

likes this
i remember the bell rang for recess and all the kids were screaming and i join in on the screaming even though i didn't understand why they were all doing it

i also remember asking a teacher what i should do after finishing my lunchbox during recess.

Daemon

It’s sad that all HK kids will remember of their first day at school now is singing the anthem

trundler

I don't remember much from the early years of my economy at all. All I remember from kindergarten is that we were taught to draw 4 like a chair and 2 like a duck. From prep (the next class) I only remember refusing to lick another kid's lollipop and him taking great offence at such an act of disrespect. In 1st grade I conned a kid into thinking sharing his pencil with me was a fun thing friends did and totally not just because I lost my own. Also remember getting a tyrannical teacher sacked but not exactly sure why. I think I should at least remember why I got a teacher sacked. In 2nd grade I helped some 4th graders cheat, which I recall being very proud of at the time. Skipped 3rd grade and got bullied horribly in 4th grade.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I vaguely remember anything about it, except that my big sister was there to check up on me.

Got me thinking about both of my kids' first day. My son was super excited but didn't realize we would be leaving him there. He kept looking back at me as the teacher took him to the class and it was somewhat heart breaking. Fortunately he had a lot of fun, so much so he didn't want to get off the bus. My daughter didn't even look back at us but came home kind of quiet. We figured out some time later that her teacher was just really bad and she would anxious around her. We had the school switch teachers right away.

vcs

I used to hate it and my house was extremely close to the school (like next door), so even ran back home on one or two occasions.

Vaguely remember that I pissed and pooped myself a couple of times but so did half the class so no biggie.

Neptune

I used to hate it and my house was extremely close to the school (like next door), so even ran back home on one or two occasions.

Vaguely remember that I pissed and pooped myself a couple of times but so did half the class so no biggie.
OMG same! I pooed myself too!

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
I don't remember much from the early years of my economy at all. All I remember from kindergarten is that we were taught to draw 4 like a chair and 2 like a duck. From prep (the next class) I only remember refusing to lick another kid's lollipop and him taking great offence at such an act of disrespect. In 1st grade I conned a kid into thinking sharing his pencil with me was a fun thing friends did and totally not just because I lost my own. Also remember getting a tyrannical teacher sacked but not exactly sure why. I think I should at least remember why I got a teacher sacked. In 2nd grade I helped some 4th graders cheat, which I recall being very proud of at the time. Skipped 3rd grade and got bullied horribly in 4th grade.
Hopefully you’ll enjoy this year in 5th grade much more

Bijed

The only part of it I recall is not realising that it was everyone's first day, not just mine, and hence annoying some of the other children by asking them loads of questions about school generally which they obviously didn't know