• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Craig Walsh remembered

Lillian Thomson

I was just looking for an old post of mine and a birthday thread from June 11th 2010 came up wishing Craig a happy birthday. By UK time tomorrow would have been his 35th birthday. A top bloke and poster to most and a personal friend to many. Also a reminder of how tenuous and fragile life can be.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, nearly welling up just thinking about it. I'm still haunted by the picture of his folks at his funeral. Their quiet dignity whilst obviously heartbroken was unbearably moving.

A genuinely great bloke who was completely devoid of malice.

Sleep well you splendid, daft, wonderful bugger. :(

honestbharani

Wow :( RIP :( How many CWers have been lost this way now? There was Fardin, then Craig.. :(

EDIT: sorry, got his forum username wrong. Many apologies.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still saddens me. Was a lovely chap Craig. He'd message me on FB now and again, I remember him going to watch Greenacre play for the Phoenix and write about it on my wall.

Had his very distinctive way with words which often led to jokes at his expense, but he could take them with the best of us.

RIP champ

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Met him in a pub in Newbury one time. Struck me as a very earnest and well-meaning bloke who didn't really have a bad bone in his body. Ever so friendly. Particularly remember talking about whether Arjen Robben was likely to leave Chelsea, which shows how long ago that must have been now. WAG.