• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Forum Arcade & CW Games - End of Life

James

Cricket Web Owner
As many of you may already be aware, all the modern browsers are discontinuing support for Flash player towards the end of 2020.

The effect of this on CricketWeb is that the following functions of the site will no longer work and will be decommissioned when this occurs:

This marks a sad end to the CW Cricket software that had a project team of 18 people across CricketWeb and our friends at PlanetCricket and was over a year in the making. CW Cricket has had 1,967,415 games played to date since its launch in 2009 and many tens of thousands of the other games played also.

Enjoy these games while you still can and help CW Cricket go out with over 2 million games played! :)

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
is stats spider going to continued to be supported?
It's a shocker currently as you're probably aware, not updated in 5 years.

I'd definitely like to get to it, and work has been done on it on and off the past few years. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to see it through.

The priority is moving web hosts to reduce costs.

SillyCowCorner1

Sad to hear.

I have been playing Cricket Craziness quite often whilst inebriated lately...it gives me courage to hit the leg side balls for sixes+extras.

Howe_zat

Daemon has been taking that suicide bob championship for granted for years. About time it was stripped from him.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
My only regret is that I didn't do it for a full 8 hour shift, thereby giving Howsie a chance to eclipse my total. Now I can't even access the damn thing from work :(

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haven't used it in donkeys (other than literally yesterday when i first saw this thread) yet I feel sad about it's departure

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's a shocker currently as you're probably aware, not updated in 5 years.

I'd definitely like to get to it, and work has been done on it on and off the past few years. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to see it through.

The priority is moving web hosts to reduce costs.
I mean tbh if you don't like it you should probably just make it leave.