• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite gig/festival you've attended?

Kraken

This is a little bit of a left field choice for me, but Incubus in 2012 for me. I had wanted to see them for years, as they had helped me through some ****** time during my schooling days. Having my nose broken in the mosh during the very first song just heightened the experience tbh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There are people at these things.

They must be avoided.

Though that time I went to see Sigur Ros with Pothas was pretty good. All things considered.

Kraken

Yeah look, I normally hate people, but music just has a way of making things seem simpler. However, I definitely should've avoided the huge guys throwing their elbows around in the mosh. Oops. Great sympathy story tho

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
AC/DC 2015 at Wrigley Field. Favorite because I went with the missus and she had never seen anything like it or me like this.

Line and Length

I was lucky to experience an era that is now a thing of the past.
Concerts with multiple and double billings seem to be a thing of the past - and they were inexpensive!
I saw the following billings at the now defunct Capitol Theatre in Perth:

Kinks/Manfred Mann/Searchers/Honeycombs/Billy J Kramer - all on the same bill

Roy Orbison/Rolling Stones - great double!

Herman's Hermits/Tom Jones - two different clientele in the audience was interesting.

duffer

This is a little bit of a left field choice for me, but Incubus in 2012 for me. I had wanted to see them for years, as they had helped me through some ****** time during my schooling days. Having my nose broken in the mosh during the very first song just heightened the experience tbh
Incubus are ace, never seen them live though.

Me and my mates went to four Field Days in a row when I was in Uni. Those were hardcore, backing up early next morning after New Years Eve parties but so worth it.

Parklife would be my favourite event. Did three of them and they were all off the hook.

Would be worried if my son started attending these events when he gets to that age though :laugh:

Kraken

Incubus are ace, never seen them live though.

Me and my mates went to four Field Days in a row when I was in Uni. Those were hardcore, backing up early next morning after New Years Eve parties but so worth it.

Parklife would be my favourite event. Did three of them and they were all off the hook.

Would be worried if my son started attending these events when he gets to that age though :laugh:

They are amazing life tbh, highly recommend. For anyone else playing at home - the big drop at the start of Megalomaniac was when my nose got broken :laugh:

Field day was such a good time, totally agree. A big New Years Eve, into Field Day = days of recovery needed afterwards

I went to Bluesfest in Byron last year - holy **** that was such a good time

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
UNIFY Gathering 2018, first night especially.
UNIFY Gathering 2020, second night only (first was a nightmare).

I've been to so many gigs now that I honestly haven't a prayer of remembering them all. I think the most fun I ever had was at Evergreen Terrace/Casey Jones at the Tuggeranong Youthy in 2010, that **** was wild. Saw Parkway play in an outdoor skatepark in 2008 which was pretty wild as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tough one.

Oasis @ Liverpool Royal Court
Rolling Stones @ Old Trafford
Paul McCartney @ Manchester Arena
GNR @ Olympic Stadium

Last edited:

Kraken

UNIFY Gathering 2018, first night especially.
UNIFY Gathering 2020, second night only (first was a nightmare).

I've been to so many gigs now that I honestly haven't a prayer of remembering them all. I think the most fun I ever had was at Evergreen Terrace/Casey Jones at the Tuggeranong Youthy in 2010, that **** was wild. Saw Parkway play in an outdoor skatepark in 2008 which was pretty wild as well.

Did you go to Good Things last year? Parkway were amazing

duffer

Field day was such a good time, totally agree. A big New Years Eve, into Field Day = days of recovery needed afterwards
Man, luckily we were all students on holidays back then. Couldn't imagine having to go to work or class that scat.

cpr

Pearl Jam @ MEN Arena, also at Leeds festival which was their first big festival after Roskilde, and I was 4 rows from the front.
RATM @ Leeds
Rammstein @ Download
RHCP @ Etihad, with James Brown supporting
James @ Gmex, every damn time.

Adders

Freddy Mercury tribute concert, Wembley '92.

Courtesy of a friend who was a security guard for the event me and a mate were first in on the park......front row centre. By the time Metallica finished the first set I was pushed miles back and didn't see my mate again until after the gig.

Was an incredible day/night and a ridiculous show case of the best artists of the era.

ajdude

dillinger’s last ever show in melbourne in 2017. i think my body is still broken from that gig, shout outs to greg for giving me a big hug at the end