• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Happy Australia Day....

social

It's great being back in Australia after many years away but one thing that ****s me to tears is how ridiculously PC the country has become

If we moved Australia Day to 1 January (i.e. anniversary of federation), I guarantee that someone would object on the basis that not everyone had equal rights at that time

Burgey

Traveling from vineyards back home, listening to the hottest 100 then drinking a lot of vodka while playing pool in the rumpus room

#straya

Dan

Global Moderator
The only positives to Australia Day are the Hottest 100, the cricket and the penalty rates. Which, admittedly, is more than ANZAC Day has.

Yeah, not a fan of nationalism at all.

social

The only positives to Australia Day are the Hottest 100, the cricket and the penalty rates. Which, admittedly, is more than ANZAC Day has.

Yeah, not a fan of nationalism at all.
Yeah, the ANZACs did nothing for us at all

FMD

watson

Banned
A little bit of Nationalism is good for the country's soul as long as it's not taken to extreme. Beats the narrowness of tribalism any day.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Little late I know but what do Australians do on their national day off?
lol, "day off". Tell that to my feet. At least I didn't have to belt a **** like last year.

Yeah, the ANZACs did nothing for us at all

FMD
He's quite obviously talking about what the bogan culture uses ANZAC Day as an excuse to do (ie. start drinking at 4am and try to fight people all day). Get off the horse.

social

lol, "day off". Tell that to my feet. At least I didn't have to belt a **** like last year.

He's quite obviously talking about what the bogan culture uses ANZAC Day as an excuse to do (ie. start drinking at 4am and try to fight people all day). Get off the horse.
Many Australians go to dawn services to pay tribute to the people that defended our country

What they do after that is their own business

The bogan/entitlement culture believes that penalty rates are defensible

****s are lucky to have a job

If not for the Anzacs, they'd be working 6 days a week on minimum wage in a Toyota factory before going home to a meal of sauerkraut

EVERY day in Australia should be ANZAC day

Last edited:

Howe_zat

I have done some research on this and from what I can tell it is a holiday mainly based around flags and jet skis

Spikey

don't forget the southern cross, a bunch of ****ing stars which we have tried to give great, non-astronomical, meaning to

watson

Banned
Nationalism is tribalism. Just on a grand stage.
Nationalism is the celebration of cultural difference and diversity, and it is one of the reasons why Aus V India contests are enjoyable. If Australia = India, and India = Australia then much of the enjoyment would have been subtracted from todays T20 game in Adelaide.

Only totalitarian idealogies and McDonalds insist on monochrome uniformity.

Last edited:

Gnske

Little late I know but what do Australians do on their national day off?
Complain about the day, get mad when other people won't join in complaining about the day, get mad when people get mad about the day, talk fruitlessly about a republic and if you're an uncouth bogan, drink yourself into an early grave.