• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how did you get into cricket foruming and cw?

uvelocity

Cricket foruming would have to be a pretty fringe hobby, but one we seem to enjoy. For me it happened when I changed work from somewhere where I couldn't use a computer for pleasure, but there were lots of people around who I could talk to about cricket - to a place where I could do what I wanted, but only a few people and nobody knew anything or cared about cricket.

2011 ashes, and Peter Siddle's birthday hattrick and I had to carry on about it or explode, so started posting stuff on a forum I was a member of but pretty much never visited. It isn't a forum about cricket, so after a while I wanted to find something better, googled and looked at a few forums and found this place. Happy ever after (except the amount of time I spend on here now)

What's your story?

Daemon

Needed a place where I could talk cricket basically. The friends I know that do follow cricket are all cricket noobs, so no point discussing the game with them.

Howe_zat

Had to find somewhere to talk about cricket/rugby, I've never had friends that are really into sport in general - and cricket is generally hated by far more young people than followed - so I've just done it on the internet for as long as I've had my own PC. Started out when I was about 13 on the now-dead BBC 606 forums and then just posted on blogs like KC and cricketwithballs. That led me to testmatchsofa, which led me to here because of silentstriker tweeting them one day and Jono talking about it here. Prince EWS likes to take credit but that's more of a coincidence.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't remember how I got here. Probably the same way as Spark. Lurked from the 2007 CB series through to NZ getting knocked out of the WC. Posted after the game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I came back from Europe broke so I went back to live with my parents for a bit. I was really keen to save as much money as possible, so found it much easier to save by chatting about sport instead of going out. Cricket and Rugby League have always been my passion but it was the start of the League season in like 2006 so I found a league forum which I liked during the league year, but found the cricket thread on the site a little boring. Prince EWS was on that League site and mentioned CW, so yeah blame him. :)

Smudge

In the early 2000s, I visited and posted on cricket365.com when it had a forum. But think of the worst Indian and Pakistani posters on Youtube or ICF and multiply their less pleasant traits by 150 and you pretty much have the gist of cricket365. The next time I visited a year or so later, the forum had been shut down, and for good reason.

Wandered here in 2004 when I googled "cricket forum" in 2004 and posted once or twice. Or 15,000 times...

grecian

I had to find some relief from the stresses of living life as an International Playboy, supermodels, yacht-parties and premieres can get so wearying.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I won one of the Fantasy Cricket competitions (I think it was for the one day Super Series? Anyway) and won a copy of BLIC2005. I joined the forum to talk about how awesome I was, and got caught up in CC. I used to care about cricket, back in the day.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think I was Googling for cheats for Cricket 2002 on the old PS2 and found CW, was impressed with the level of cricket knowledge, lurked a bit and took the plunge.

Goughy

I was living in South Africa and wanted to talk cricket with people not from the Republic

Agent Nationaux

I needed to discuss cricket with other people because no one in my social circle was interested. Typed cricket forum on Google, and was directed to CW, Indian Cricket Fans, PakPassion, and Cricforum. PakPassion and ICF were just too extreme and cricforum was good but not enough discussion. Decided to lurk a bit here and then I joined after a month or so.