• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introduce yourself

EmJo

Banned
> New member joins site
> Immediately starts feuds with other newbies that have handfuls of posts
> Said newbies claim this feud spans across multiple forums and that they're trying to avoid the drama that they have just created
> New member posts almost exclusively in OT
> New member gets confrontational with established members at the first opportunity
> New Member goes out of their way to prove they're a 'real person' via pics/FB profile/overload of personal information that no one asked for
> Gets extremely defensive when accused of being a multi/troll

Hmm. Where have we seen this pattern before?
Morning, I hope this answers your questions.

New member joins site
They did.

Immediately starts feuds with other newbies that have handfuls of posts
Nope, another member called candy girl picked on me stating I was 'cas' without a shred of evidence. So, there is a problem with Candygirl, scarlett and Cas??????

Said newbies claim this feud spans across multiple forums and that they're trying to avoid the drama that they have just created
I never did, I have no clue as to the nature of the feud or the person who it's about or with. I feel I have been caught up in something and considering I’m the only one left here out of the three then maybe admin have acted swiftly??????

New member posts almost exclusively in OT
Because another member is trolling me or, are we talking about candygirl? I want to post exclusively in the cricket section!!! I will and have posted amicably if questions have been raised.

New member gets confrontational with established members at the first opportunity
Nope, not got confrontational. I have provided answers to all the questions and just wondering when all this will stop? I have neither been confrontational or abusive whatever the problems here on CW I hope it get’s sorted out.

New Member goes out of their way to prove they're a 'real person' via pics/FB profile/overload of personal information that no one asked for
Nope don't care I wanted to stay gender neatral, I'm here to make friends and chat about cricket nothing more. Haven't done anything and don't feel I need to prove anything.

Gets extremely defensive when accused of being a multi/troll
No I haven't, I have been assertive and nothing more merely made my point.

morgieb

> New member joins site
> Immediately starts feuds with other newbies that have handfuls of posts
> Said newbies claim this feud spans across multiple forums and that they're trying to avoid the drama that they have just created
> New member posts almost exclusively in OT
> New member gets confrontational with established members at the first opportunity
> New Member goes out of their way to prove they're a 'real person' via pics/FB profile/overload of personal information that no one asked for
> Gets extremely defensive when accused of being a multi/troll

Hmm. Where have we seen this pattern before?
Yeah this EmJo person seems suss as **** to me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Morning, I hope this answers your questions.

New member joins site
They did.

Immediately starts feuds with other newbies that have handfuls of posts
Nope, another member called candy girl picked on me stating I was 'cas' without a shred of evidence. So, there is a problem with Candygirl, scarlett and Cas??????

Said newbies claim this feud spans across multiple forums and that they're trying to avoid the drama that they have just created
I never did, I have no clue as to the nature of the feud or the person who it's about or with. I feel I have been caught up in something and considering I’m the only one left here out of the three then maybe admin have acted swiftly??????

New member posts almost exclusively in OT
Because another member is trolling me or, are we talking about candygirl? I want to post exclusively in the cricket section!!! I will and have posted amicably if questions have been raised.

New member gets confrontational with established members at the first opportunity
Nope, not got confrontational. I have provided answers to all the questions and just wondering when all this will stop? I have neither been confrontational or abusive whatever the problems here on CW I hope it get’s sorted out.

New Member goes out of their way to prove they're a 'real person' via pics/FB profile/overload of personal information that no one asked for
Nope don't care I wanted to stay gender neatral, I'm here to make friends and chat about cricket nothing more. Haven't done anything and don't feel I need to prove anything.

Gets extremely defensive when accused of being a multi/troll
No I haven't, I have been assertive and nothing more merely made my point.
Embarrassing

stephen

I mean if the goal is to drive away new posters we're doing a mighty fine job of it.

If a new poster can't introduce themselves in this thread without being accused of being a multi or whatnot then we're going to drive people away because regardless of EmJo's origins the treatment she's gotten in this thread has been abominable.

It's time people start giving others a chance to prove they're a terrible person instead of jumping to that conclusion immediately.

EmJo may or may not be who her opponents claim she is but other members on this board shouldn't harass her unless/ until she starts becoming another blocky. If you suspect she's a multi then report her posts, block her and move on. Don't start forum drama in the "introduce yourself" thread specifically designed for new members to introduce themselves.

Adders

I mean if the goal is to drive away new posters we're doing a mighty fine job of it.

If a new poster can't introduce themselves in this thread without being accused of being a multi or whatnot then we're going to drive people away because regardless of EmJo's origins the treatment she's gotten in this thread has been abominable.

It's time people start giving others a chance to prove they're a terrible person instead of jumping to that conclusion immediately.

EmJo may or may not be who her opponents claim she is but other members on this board shouldn't harass her unless/ until she starts becoming another blocky. If you suspect she's a multi then report her posts, block her and move on. Don't start forum drama in the "introduce yourself" thread specifically designed for new members to introduce themselves.
Things you thought you'd never say.........I 100% agree with you stephen.!!

As an "introduce yourself thread" this is a fekking disgrace tbh the last god knows how many pages. If this is the first stop for a noobie they'd take one look and think **** this place.

Shri

Or maybe they'll see we are not welcoming to people who are not trying to fit in. I was plenty welcoming to trundler, sillycow etc.

Daemon

Not sure why they have to 'fit in'.

There's only one rule and it's don't be a knobhead, a rule that's been flouted time and again by seasoned posters such as yours truly.

EmJo

Banned

Thankyou but sadly for me I will not post here again. I am very upset this is happening. I seem to fall into the bracket of mid twenties women who are not welcome here and are harassed relentlessly. My advice for anyone joining here is don't. I have no idea who cas is and can quite visibly see new members have always been challenged with being them.

As soon as Candygirl put the seed of doubt without any evidence people made up their minds. I joined here and wanted to stay gender neutral. As I was challenged with being another user I put my facebook page up so people can see me and send friends requests and chat to me. I'm sorry my security settings are very tight. Yep, I'm not the best looking person on the planet and being accused of 'catfish' I feel is a compliment in certain respects. It's so easy to just say they are a Freud and point the finger this is the internet and we don't have to be accountable for our actions. No one has asked me any questions about my Love of Huddersfield town or my home town of Mirfield but it doesn't matter. Anyone new is instantly guilty of something and must be trolled relentlessly.

I am not part of the scarlett, Cas and candygirl ring of hate and being honest, which female would call themselves 'candygirl' on male dominated forums, that just reads, come and get my dick boys???? The truth of the matter I am a first year secondary teacher away from my home town, friends and family and living in a new city so I just wanted to join a sports forum about cricket. I had no idea it would be this bad. I can see this is a male dominated forum which is why I wanted to stay gender neutral, until candygirl started referring to me as she. No one has ever asked me about myself or my love of Huddersfield Town or my home town of Mirfield surely find some facts before sentencing?

I have answered all the accusations and I have not been aggressive or negative. Just please treat me and any new people with respect.

EmJo.

EmJo

Banned
Or maybe they'll see we are not welcoming to people who are not trying to fit in. I was plenty welcoming to trundler, sillycow etc.
How have I not tried to fit in? If it wasn't for candygirl everything would have been fine.

EmJo

Banned
Not sure why they have to 'fit in'.

There's only one rule and it's don't be a knobhead, a rule that's been flouted time and again by seasoned posters such as yours truly.
General rule of any forum?

Are there any pics or info on this cas, scarlett or candygirl?

trundler

This sort of tribalistic ganging up on the noob is an invariable characteristic of basically every human community tbh though it's true we should be more welcoming to new members. Not everyone's going to fit in that easily *cough*

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This sort of tribalistic ganging up on the noob is an invariable characteristic of basically every human community tbh though it's true we should be more welcoming to new members. Not everyone's going to fit in that easily *cough*
Yes, but the thing is, people like you make good posts and are interesting contributors.

This EmJo person is making shitposts that (by some remarkable coincidence) are nearly word for word copies of posts made by Cas, who was of course chastised for being generally obnoxious and irritating.

Adders

My point was more, I wish it wasn't happening in this thread.........rip them to bits elsewhere but just not here.