• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Obituary Column

Spark

Global Moderator
Living for 50 years with ALS still boggles my mind, given my second-hand experience of how ****ing horrendous and brutal that disease usually is.

StephenZA

I respected and admired Stephen Hawkins from a very young age..... May he RIP. Sad day for science to lose one of its great spokesman.

cpr

Today we all share a sad sense of loss at the passing of a true genius; a man whose work will be recorded in the annals of history and who inspired us to reach toward the stars in hope of achieving our dreams... of owning a speed boat.

RIP Jim Bowen

Fuller Pilch

Inspiring man and a Simpsons' character too. We've got an idiot from a far right party in NZ pushing an euthanasia Bill at the moment - to think Hawking was expected to die at 23, but lasted until he was 76. That fact alone should stop pro-death politicians.

wpdavid

Maybe we should ask the families of the 14 year olds who were butchered by her supporters to mark her passing.
Yes she suffered appallingly at the hands of the ignorant thugs in charge of her country, but she massively lost the plot eventually.

Burgey

Vale Big Dazza Eastlake. off to call the great weightlifting competition in the sky, aged 75.

Burgey

Cornelia Frances, better known as Morag from Home and Away, has died at age 77.

I know this will be a loss keenly felt in the UK, where people still actually watch Home and Away.

Burgey

Vale Anthony Bourdain. Apparent suicide at 61 after visiting Hong Kong. A great story teller who traveled to many of the best and worst places on earth. Incredibly sad loss.

Last edited:

morgieb

Jesus christ, was stunned when I saw that. His tales were a sight to behold, will be missed.

Didn't seem like a depressive either. WTF.

zorax

likes this
I'm going to miss this man

He was an influential role model to me growing up. Even more so to my sister. His shows were one of the few we both grew up together enjoying. It was on our bucket lists to eat at every location he reviewed.

Smart, funny, charming, knowledge, constantly curious, humble to the core and always willing to work hard. I have not seen or heard of anyone who had a bad word to say about him

RIP Anthony, you will be missed