• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Hennybogan

Lol, I've literally never seen anyone on CW with selections that are so far off the mark. Kudos.
Thank you, I know the one the selectors pick will be a straight swap for starc and marsh depends on pitch Cummins/bird and maxwell/Stoinis/agar. I think the team I came up with would go much better

Gnske

do you think lehmann and wade are even letting him play in the nets
Probably tell him to wait until everyone is packed up and ready to leave at the end of the day to go into the nets and that if he's lucky Saker might throw him down a couple.

Abhorrent treatment of IPL Captain Glenn Maxwell if you ask me.

stephen

Reports are now coming out saying that the ICC has rated the Bengalaru pitch "very good".

FFS if that wasn't evidence of corruption in the ICC, nothing will be. You don't get shooters on a day 1 pitch if the pitch is very good.

morgieb

Reports are now coming out saying that the ICC has rated the Bengalaru pitch "very good".

FFS if that wasn't evidence of corruption in the ICC, nothing will be. You don't get shooters on a day 1 pitch if the pitch is very good.
Giving that good but Pune "poor" seems very strange, yes. Felt Bangalore was a fair bit worse due to the inconsistent bounce.

Frankly though while neither wicket was great they did at least produce good cricket.

Gnske

ICC as consistent on this matter as Renshaw's bowel movements.

stephen

The thing is that they have guidelines on what constitutes a good or poor pitch and that pitch didn't meet any of the guidelines for a good pitch.

honestbharani

Lol.. ICC are idiots but this has nothing to do with BCCI influence. Since Manohar came in, they have tried to do everything they can to try and limit BCCI as Manohar wants the power for himself. I would say the Pune rating was more to do with the ICC political influence than this one.

I dont think you rate a pitch poor just because it turns. So for me, neither pitch was bad at all but if you had to rate one of them poor, I would have rated the Bangalore one more worse than Pune, for sure.