• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia v England post-Ashes ODI series

quincywagstaff

Smith’s main batting plan this series seems to have been hitting deliveries straight to cover and mid-wicket. Looked worse the longer the series went on.

quincywagstaff

Good challenge here for both Stoinis & Marsh; they were both a bit sloppy in Adelaide with their dismissals when they should’ve seen it through to the end. Good chance to rectify that today.

max147

Interesting to hear Clarke comment that Maxwell shoiud have been in the team regardless of any relationship issues with the captain? I think it's thought by most that Katich wasn't in the team because of issues with Clarke.

quincywagstaff

Good challenge here for both Stoinis & Marsh; they were both a bit sloppy in Adelaide with their dismissals when they should’ve seen it through to the end. Good chance to rectify that today.
Great catch by Ali, but that’s what I’m talking about with Marsh. He played a loose stroke earlier in the over and didn’t seem prepared to take on the responsibility that he should by now. That’s part of the reason that while he’s looked good with the bat all series, he seems to have mastered the art of getting out at the worst possible time.

Gnske

Interesting to hear Clarke comment that Maxwell shoiud have been in the team regardless of any relationship issues with the captain? I think it's thought by most that Katich wasn't in the team because of issues with Clarke.
Thought by some sure, but Clarke came out post-retirement in his book I think and said he wanted Katich in his side post-2010 Ashes.

Second Spitter

Katich not only wasn't picked, but also didn't get an ACB contract because of his relationship with Clarke......and he wasn't the only guy Clarke threw under a bus, either.

Thought by some sure, but Clarke came out post-retirement in his book I think and said he wanted Katich in his side post-2010 Ashes.
Refuted by Katich.

Gnske

Katich not only wasn't picked, but also didn't get an ACB contract because of his relationship with Clarke......and he wasn't the only guy Clarke threw under a bus, either.

Refuted by Katich.
Who are you going to believe? A physical abuser or an Australian captain of some reputation?

I can't believe I even have to ask this question

Moonsorrow999

TBF, Maxwell has been quite poor in ODIs for a couple of years now. Stoinis, Head etc. have made much more out of the chances they've been given.
You can't tell anyone on this forum that Travis Head has scored runs, it is common knowledge that he only ever gets single figure scores.

social

Not saying that either are guaranteed of long term success but both Stoinis & Maxwell are light years ahead of their competition from a technical perspective