• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

Howe_zat

Jesus.

That's tabloids for you. Print first, think second. Rather, print first, don't think, make money, learn nothing.

Some emotive dribble in the Independent article there too, I notice - "obliterated". As though you've never put up anything dodgy.

<disclaimer - I ****ing hate newspapers>

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

If you think that's bad I presume you're not aware of the Sun's reporting on the Hillsborough disaster...
They'd be a bit shocked on that one.

It can be a good paper as regards getting certain exclusives but it lets itself down so often by printing made up rubbish that hurts innocent people like they did over Hillsborough.

Not surprised why people regard it as a comic.

Broadsmile

interesting stats for spinners. Swan will do better.

He's had 9 fifers in the last 2 years and will be getting more in the next 2 months.

Jayzamann

I'd go out on a limb and say that those comments were in jest, in the article he sort of brushed that aside before getting stuck into the Australian selectors.

NasserFan207

I seriously doubt Border really cares. Likely the Australians just see it as a useful sledging tactic to get under England's skin and piss them off.

Themer

I think this is journalism taking his comments out of context. Looked like he was having a bit of friendly banter. Same that we call them crims/convicts and us Poms tbh.

Burgey

That is, after all, what Border was best at. :ph34r:
That and scoring a poultice of runs..

Good to see the future King get engaged, it will distract the English public from the thrashing their cricket team is about to get.

Apparently our national gift to celebrate the occasion, a kangaroo's scrotum zip-up purse for the new missus, was well received.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That and scoring a poultice of runs..

Good to see the future King get engaged, it will distract the English public from the thrashing their cricket team is about to get.

Apparently our national gift to celebrate the occasion, a kangaroo's scrotum zip-up purse for the new missus, was well received.
I was bored so I thought I'd use my not-so-considerable photo-shop skills:

Bring on the Ashes!

Rooting for the poms obv.

Burgey

I was bored so I thought I'd use my not-so-considerable photo-shop skills:

Bring on the Ashes!

Rooting for the poms obv.
SS, can you do one for "Indianism" with the following caption, which seems pretty apt:

"**** at test cricket for 70 years, good for two, now strutting around like you've dominated the game for 120".