• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank your top 5 CW posters of all time in order

Line and Length

I certainly haven't been here long enough to assess the top CW posters of all time. I have, however, enjoyed the diversity, humour and insights offered collectively.

Shady Slim

it's hard to do a top five but i think i've settled on RTB, Burgey, Flem, Howe, sledger

so many are hard done by and with a top ten you could bring in any number of Spark, PEWS, GIMH, fred, mags, Adders, and so many more

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Spark
Sledger
zorax
fredfertang
StephenZA
Great avatar. I listened to Brothers in Arms in the car the other day. The chords and harmonics that break after the build up in Money for Nothing are insane. I'm so familiar with it I sometimes forget how genius it is.

Burgey

I saw them at the old Ent Cent in 86 on the Brothers in Arms tour. They played so many sold out shows at that venue on that tour alone. By the time they left australia, the word was something like one in 20 people here had seen them

vcs

Great avatar. I listened to Brothers in Arms in the car the other day. The chords and harmonics that break after the build up in Money for Nothing are insane. I'm so familiar with it I sometimes forget how genius it is.
I saw them at the old Ent Cent in 86 on the Brothers in Arms tour. They played so many sold out shows at that venue on that tour alone. By the time they left australia, the word was something like one in 20 people here had seen them
I went to a Dire Straits concert in 2017 in Bangalore but no Mark Knopfler. :(

Anyway, I'm less a fan and more a devotee of their music - Sultans of Swing and Telegraph Road are absolute favorites of mine

Lillian Thomson

I don't like Dire Straits in general, but Romeo and Juliet was genius. "You and me babe how about it" works. "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?" is completely pretentious drivel.

Uppercut

Yeah it used to be one of my favourite songs (the Making Movies version, though Alchemy is good too). Can’t think of many songs that hit me as hard as that one. You know when you hear a song and are like hooooooly **** what is that. Seems to happen less and less as I get older.