• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Real people appearing as themselves in fictional shows

Howe_zat

The Simpsons has tons, even in early seasons they had one every other episode

Adam West, Leonard Nemoy, Buzz Aldrin, Paul & Linda McCartney, all those baseball players from the baseball episode

Howe_zat

Theory: People don't complain about all the pop culture references in 90s Simpsons episodes becasue they've forgotten about all the 90s US TV comedians that no one cares about any more

wpdavid

I quite enjoyed Will Wheaton's fictionalized version in The BIg Bang Theory.

Hawking has nice cameos in that too.

Matt Le Blanc on that show where he keeps talking about his Friends gig was funny too.

That reminds me of a scene in 'Extras', which was Ricky Gervais' follow-up series to The Office. David Bowie appeared as himself in one episode, and did himself justice, iirc.

Kate Winslett was another who appeared in Extras, and sent herself up brilliantly.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

That reminds me of a scene in 'Extras', which was Ricky Gervais' follow-up series to The Office. David Bowie appeared as himself in one episode, and did himself justice, iirc.

Kate Winslett was another who appeared in Extras, and sent herself up brilliantly.
Oh yeah Extras was amazing for this. It was pretty much the premise of the show.

Lillian Thomson

Linford Christie and David Bellamy both appeared in Grange Hill. Richard Branson was also in Only Fools and Horses. Robert Urich was in Cheers.