• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sugar or artificial sweeteners?

Lillian Thomson

This morning I went into the local convenience store and a bloke was at the counter paying for stuff when he told the cashier that he couldn't find everything he wanted. He said he wanted "sugar pills". What seemed like an eternity later she worked out that he meant sweeteners for tea.

I don't indulge in tea (or other things that need sweetening), so can you tell the difference between the two and which do you prefer?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sweetener is horrible in tea so if you like it sweet it has to be sugar.

Sweetener fine in coffee though

topazann

I've heard that your body cant distinguish between artificial and organic sugar, making your body more susceptible to systemic insulin resistance which is a precursor to diabetes.

Personally I try to avoid artificial sweeteners, so if I have no other choice I’d prefer the ones with sugar over artificially sweetened ones. That being said, I almost never get sugared canned fruit and instead look for the ones packed in 100% fruit juice.

Flem274*

123/5
daemon and mr mister are correct. artificials are horrific. they make me more thirsty,
I've heard that your body cant distinguish between artificial and organic sugar, making your body more susceptible to systemic insulin resistance which is a precursor to diabetes.

Personally I try to avoid artificial sweeteners, so if I have no other choice I’d prefer the ones with sugar over artificially sweetened ones. That being said, I almost never get sugared canned fruit and instead look for the ones packed in 100% fruit juice.
yes, sugar is sugar. not sure if artificial sweetener is 'sugar' per se but an element is an element and a compound is a compound.

Uppercut

I think the research on artificial sweeteners is kind of unclear but maybe suggests that they might not be great for you in a few ways? Whereas the research on sugar is like "yes this is poison and will quickly kill you in multiple ways".

Anil

i use monkfruit natural sweetener in my coffee and it is pretty good, also much healthier than sugar or some of the disgusting artificial sweeteners like splenda...

Last edited: