• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the greatest dramas of the last decade.

Niall

the greatest TV dramas of the last decade.

we had a thread for best comedy series,,,so may as well have it for dramas.

Rules? It has to have started this decade.:cool:

Tough one for me,,,thought about Justified as it has 2 immense actors gunning it and was easy to watch,,but ultimately its between the leftovers and rectify.

Leftovers is immense tv,,but rectify was something else.

4 seasons,beautiful tv to watch.

GOT would have been a contender but those last few seasons..:blink:

Last edited:

MW1304

GoT is still in there. Do find it frustrating how people have chosen to ignore how good it was.

TV shows aren't about endings imo.

Niall

the first four seasons are elite ,,but the quality does begin to dip once they started getting rid of all the gun actors.

I wouldn't have Rectify or The Leftovers on such a pedestal if they had such a lengthy lull and tbf both shows finished really strongly.

Its why The Wire isn't on the same level as The Soprano's,,but that's another decade.:ph34r:

Last edited:

MW1304

But then I'd argue Season 6 is maybe the best season.

Aaand you've completely lost me with that last bit.

Uppercut

Its why The Wire isn't on the same level as The Soprano's,,but that's another decade.:ph34r:
WHAT.

There are quite a few from the 2010s I haven't seen, especially The Leftovers and The Americans, but Succession was better than any that I did watch.

Niall

Soprano's doesn't have a long lull, even when tony is in coma we still get the Kevin FInnerty sub plot which is amazing,,,The Wire season 5 drags it down sadly.

Anyhow somehow forgot Hannibal as I am an idiot,,,its on the same level as Justified/Rectify for me.

Uppercut

The Wire S5 is properly bad at first but it does really land the ending.

I wouldn’t compare them based on which had the lowest low point though. I just prefer The Wire because it resonates with me more.

_Ed_

Anyhow somehow forgot Hannibal as I am an idiot,,,its on the same level as Justified/Rectify for me.
Hannibal was a bit frustrating IMO - it was often superb, but it lost its momentum during the part that was based on the book Hannibal (by far my least favourite of the series). I wish they'd gone straight into the Red Dragon storyline.

Gnske

GoT is still in there. Do find it frustrating how people have chosen to ignore how good it was.

TV shows aren't about endings imo.
While MW1304 kind of forgot about the last few seasons, they certainly didn't forget about him.

Arachnodouche

Soprano's doesn't have a long lull, even when tony is in coma we still get the Kevin FInnerty sub plot which is amazing.
That cast could sit around at the Bada Bing shooting the **** all day long and it would still be the best show ever.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
It's close to blasphemy around here to say Sopranos > Wire but it's a pretty commonly held opinion. I tend to disagree but I can see why people rate Sopranos higher.

Either way, Sopranos and Wire are top two all time, anything else you can come up with has to be a distant 3rd.

Last edited:

stephen

My wife would say that Downtown Abbey is the best of the decade. GoT was very good but really it got to a point where I stopped watching it because it was simply too much.

stephen

Breaking Bad was great. I kinda wish there was something in the Babylon 5 category which was light to watch but had heavy themes and executed a plot nicely.