• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Welsh

grecian

Honestly when I'm soul-searching, lying awake at nights one thing I really ponder is why I hate the ****ing Welsh with the fury of a fat kid trying and failing to slip though an hole in a fence to get hold of a giant chocolate cake.

It's racism isn't it? I mean I'm about as liberal as you can get, include the phrase "Pc Brigade", or "Pc gone mad" in a sentence and I'll happily savage you for funnies, but on this subject I quite frankly despise myself.

Because taffs are ****ing rancid aren't they. I mean like the Scotch but closer to me, and much more virulent. I mean the sweatties dislike us, but don't burn down our holiday homes, oh wait a minute who the **** has an holiday home in the World of torrential rain, deep-fried mars bars and heroin, but you get the point.

I would say apologies to the Welsh reading this, but 1) I don't care 2) have we ever had a Sheep-shagger as a forum member, we've had more Czechs. They clearly can't operate a computer, stupid *****.

I mean I dislike Plymouthians, but they're quite close to us, almost in the same county, it's just like disliking your uglier stupider sibling, but the Welsh they make me shudder to the bone, anti-English all the time, happy to sing songs about the Malvinas and yet know they'd collapse without us if they voted Plaid Cymru so don't. It's just a seething impotent hatred that they show by being rude if you ever enter their god-forsaken country. Or actually moving here and making us miserable by having to listen to their gutteral utterings.

and whats with the ****ing singing all the ****ing time, is it to drown out the hideous sound of your life being pointless and abject beyond all comphrehension.

Feel free to lock the thread and ban me, I deserve it.

cpr

We've got North Wales, which is just a bit dull. Basically proof North > South IMO.

grecian

We've got North Wales, which is just a bit dull. Basically proof North > South IMO.
If you go to North Devon which as you'd probably guess, in line with the symettary of our country, is a backwards inferior version of South Devon, people often say in certain places if the weather is clear you can see Wales across the Bristol channel, I often reply "why the **** would I want to do that?"

grecian

Did someone give you a Charlotte Church CD for Christmas in around 2003?
I'm more Harry Secombe generation I'm afraid, my bro did keep on playing Max Boyce's comedy on an LP*, which may explain my dislike of Wales and Rugby Union.

Oggy, oggy oggy
oh **** off, **** off **** off

* yes kids we did actually used to purchase comedy routines on a Long Player record and play it on the gramophone.

Secret Policemans Ball and Jasper Carrott were pretty funny, Mike Harding and Boyce less so.

Last edited:

grecian

It's probably the same as my dislike of Derek Pringle and Meryl Streep, only there's more of them.
Meryl Streep, that's just because she filmed in Devon's capital city for one of her Oscar nominated roles, admit it?

I'm with you on Pringle though.

Lillian Thomson

Meryl Streep, that's just because she filmed in Devon's capital city for one of her Oscar nominated roles, admit it?

I'm with you on Pringle though.
I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have no grudge against Exeter either as a city or a football club. I know I should have but I don't. I think maybe it's because for the first 9 years of my tenure we weren't in the same division so I didn't realise they existed.

If it had been Bristol I'd have had her arrested.