• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan on Strauss/Dhoni

lets cut the crap. you've been baiting me both in my vms and in the forums, I thought initially it was good natured banter over the coming series and didn't take seriously. then u started targeting me saying am a multi, then started calling others multi. spewing hate, alleging nonsense like I did something on your fb, when I dont even know who u are in that medium. and then you go ahead and call me a wanker, a **** and all that in this forum itself..

don't think kingjulian has done a tenth of that. yet you are here and he's gone in minutes after a fairly harmless post (yes instigqating but I took it as a humourous post and left that at it)

it's a ****ing joke..
Yeah it is, I agree. A joke. Double standards everywhere here.

Hey man. I think I know you. Whereabouts are you from? Check out my pics in the What Do You Look Like thread - maybe we went to school together or something.

MW1304

Yeah,being defensive is not bad at all.Don't think why people think aggresive = better.Even inventive neccessarily doesn't equal better on every occasion.
Ultimately being effective is what matters.
Yeah this is a good point. I remember Sangakkara coming up with plenty of 'inventive' fields in one of the recent Tests. Ended up just looking stupid in the end.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
being aggressive in my books means doing what's necessary to reach the top and stay there.

dhoni.s doing that comfortable without resorting to playing to the galleries kinda captaincy. he is doing his job perfectly afaic.

tooextracool

I think he's just wrong in this instance, not so much about Strauss, but to say of Dhoni "He is quite an aggressive captain" suggests Mick hasn't been paying that much attention to MS's on-field tactics at all.

Last year he made some rather ill considered comments about Trott & Kieswetter playing for England whilst exonerating his old mucker KP, who's scarcely less South African than either. These kind of pronouncements add to the suspicion more than a few of us hold that Vaughan in retirement has very quickly turned into something of a curmudgeon,
For someone held in such high regard for his tactical acumen as captain, Vaughan either seems to be either out of touch or just clueless. I'm surprised anyone even takes anything he says with a grain of salt anymore.