• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

well it's not time to go, but

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Vimes, out of interest I'm fairly certain in the past you've referenced having a missus. Has the gender you would be attracted to changed as part of you figuring out who you are?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Thanks everyone :wub: It was time to tell.

Hope it goes well Vimes, but please don't change your user name or avatar
There's no way I'm going to come up with a better reply than this one, so I'll just endorse it instead.

Good luck Vimes; let us know if/when you'd like us to change how we refer to you.
sorry fred, I did sort of have another Discworld character in mind for my username; I'm not cynical enough to be Vimes anyway. How do I change this stuff, mail James?
Snarky goth girl stays as avatar though (that was a hint, lads...)

This is great, wish you all the best.

(bring back CWXI)
if Cribb's sim seems realistic, who knows?

although i might introduce a quota of women

Vimes, out of interest I'm fairly certain in the past you've referenced having a missus. Has the gender you would be attracted to changed as part of you figuring out who you are?
Well the missus as was sought me out, and it was the break-up and subsequent soul-searching that made me realize that being a guy in a heterosexual relationship was never going to work out. She was the second person I told about myself, and she took it pretty well (it also helped her realize it wasn't her fault the relationship was doomed), so we're now bffs.

I've never had a particularly high *** drive and am too much of a nerd and/or pious romantic to ever be a *** bomb (although the grapevine tells me transsexual dick is a highly valued commodity in the sexual marketplace), and expect a new hormone balance will have some impact. For now I'm pan- slash a-sexual.
Big hugs mate. Braver than I can fathom. I'll drop in on Bonn again soon so send me your new number eh.
oh btw I moved to Holland. I'm sure my ex-colleagues will treat you to a pint if you drop my old name tho

Last edited:

Burgey

Good luck Vimes. Wonderful post by a great human. Wish you all the best. You're much loved here. I echo everyone's sentiments wishing you the best and am so relieved your post wasn't one saying you were leaving the forum.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ditto what everyone said. I'm happy you've found this out about yourself and I wish you the best of luck in your treatments ahead! I am sure you have a good support system, but if you ever need someone to talk to, give me a PM here or on facebook. I have some (very limited) experience with other people going through what you're going through, in a healthcare setting.

stephen

Good luck with it all. It's a pretty emotional process. Had a family member go through it reasonably recently and it was hard for her. She was always seen as a blokey-bloke earlier in life and grew up in a traditional Christian household so it was a huge shock. The family mostly took it hard but well. A couple of people didn't though and it was tough.

So long as we can still talk cricket, that's all that really matters here.

SillyCowCorner1

Samuel_Vimes, where do I start?

I happened to read this first few posts of this thread early this morning (I'm still in Sunday). Like a few members have already stated, I also thought you were leaving us.

This news. This revelation was really brave on your part. I respect that. I actually know someone very close to me who is a transgender. Very warm individual,...a great maker of omelets.

The transition seems to be the hardest part. The medications and all of that.

Just take it one day at a time. Little by little...and of course, the lovely cricket. For some reason I've always thought of you to be a West Indian...

Peace and love my friend :)

morgieb

Congratulations on your new journey Vimes. Hopefully your treatment works out well and I wish you all the best for the future.

jimmy101

Definitely would like to echo the messages of congratulations here. We all wish you the very best SV!

fredfertang

sorry fred, I did sort of have another Discworld character in mind for my username; I'm not cynical enough to be Vimes anyway. How do I change this stuff, mail James?
Snarky goth girl stays as avatar though (that was a hint, lads...)
Excellent news - same avatar and different Discworld name sounds good

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Samuel_Vimes, where do I start?

I happened to read this first few posts of this thread early this morning (I'm still in Sunday). Like a few members have already stated, I also thought you were leaving us.

This news. This revelation was really brave on your part. I respect that. I actually know someone very close to me who is a transgender. Very warm individual,...a great maker of omelets.

The transition seems to be the hardest part. The medications and all of that.

Just take it one day at a time. Little by little...and of course, the lovely cricket. For some reason I've always thought of you to be a West Indian...

Peace and love my friend :)
What have you always thought of me as, SCC?

Burgey

Good from trundler. Genuine prodigy on our hands here. If he’s truly 16 and not Aaqib Javed-touring-Australia at 16 only to return a year later at age 19, then he could be the real deal.

James

Cricket Web Owner
People's replies on this thread bought a big smile to my face. Really goes to show what a wonderful community this is, and as others have said, great that you felt like you could share this news with us all.

All the very best Vimes.