• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v West Indies (3rd April)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirkut

What a game wow ! England were excellent till 19th over but you need something special to halt Carribbean flair.

91Jmay

Best tournament so far, India really deserve props, the crowds have really turned up even for non Indian games.
this is the opposite of true. Most of the crowds have been pitiful and the organisation of the tournament a sham. Congratulations for mentioning India though.

LightningStrike

I haven't bothered watching the last one. The 2nd and 3rd are pretty much middle stump yorkers, Brathwaite just got so deep in his crease and was able to get underneath them.
Windies must have trained for it.

As it was no secret that the last 2-3 overs from England would be 'yorkers' or attempts at them. I'm not sure Stokes has the skills, though I'd have liked to have seen him try the wide yorker that Jordan is normally pretty good at.

Everyone is human - even professional sportsmen can go completely to pot and lose it (I still wonder how Chris Broad got hit for six sixes in a row - you thought he might at least compose himself after 3 or 4 had gone and change something). It gives hope to us all.

viriya

I have never seen 18+ to get in a final over and then 4 sixes before.. in T20 or 50 over cricket. Incredible stuff.

vcs

Tough loss obviously but England have a lot to be pleased about in terms of performance.

Same was the case with India after their semifinal FTR.

zorax

likes this
LightningStrike said:
(I still wonder how Chris Broad got hit for six sixes in a row - you thought he might at least compose himself after 3 or 4 had gone and change something).
probably because he wasn't much of a bowler to begin with tbh

viriya

Eoin Morgan: "It's not his fault"

I know you have to make it sound good Morgan, but that over was the definition of "his fault".

Meridio

Yes it's all down to God that you won, obviously. And now bringing up the Mark Nicholas article.

These WI interviews are weird.

Scaly piscine

Windies must have trained for it.

As it was no secret that the last 2-3 overs from England would be 'yorkers' or attempts at them. I'm not sure Stokes has the skills, though I'd have liked to have seen him try the wide yorker that Jordan is normally pretty good at.

Everyone is human - even professional sportsmen can go completely to pot and lose it (I still wonder how Chris Broad got hit for six sixes in a row - you thought he might at least compose himself after 3 or 4 had gone and change something). It gives hope to us all.
One of the best at using the depth of the crease is Gayle, who has been doing it for years. But you don't usually see it unless he's set and in the death phase. He just adjusts his depth in the crease a little, which is enough to convert yorkers into full tosses or half volleys.

That's T20 though, every ball at the death can go for 4, 6 or take a wicket all you can do is give yourself the best chance.