• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v West Indies (3rd April)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Sammy. :wub:

May be a **** cricketer but he delivers excellent dedication speeches. :notworthy

Howe_zat

Yes it's all down to God that you won, obviously. And now bringing up the Mark Nicholas article.

These WI interviews are weird.
It's really petty, same team culture that made Ramdin hold up his sign. They must think that if they talk about it more, it makes them more criticised than other teams. Obvioulsy not, that only happens in test cricket, where half these players couldn't give a ****.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Seems like a long time to hold a grudge against a dude who isn't even playing against you anymore. I thought maybe Warne said something more recently.
Don't think he's said anything specific but you can tell Warne holds a grudge against Samuels in his commentary.

testcricketer

Herschell gibbs and ed rainsford are both having a bit of a rant about south african and zimbabwean cricket respectively, i reckon they were probably inspired by marlon and sammies(rant) lol, i honestly thought hershy was gonna say quotas are ruining sa cricket

Niall

Don't think he's said anything specific but you can tell Warne holds a grudge against Samuels in his commentary.
a grudge?

That is an understatement, he never misses a chance to bury Samuels in commentary, was brutal with him against India. I don't really like Samuels, but he was absolute spot on to call out Warne today.

Heboric

Herschell gibbs and ed rainsford are both having a bit of a rant about south african and zimbabwean cricket respectively, i reckon they were probably inspired by marlon and sammies(rant) lol, i honestly thought hershy was gonna say quotas are ruining sa cricket
I cringe just listening to Gibbs speak in the studio.

Anyway Congrats Windies you sure know how to play t20.

That was a choke for the ages by England.

91Jmay

I cringe just listening to Gibbs speak in the studio.

Anyway Congrats Windies you sure know how to play t20.

That was a choke for the ages by England.
Petition to stop people using the word choke when they don't know what it means.

Meridio

It's really petty, same team culture that made Ramdin hold up his sign. They must think that if they talk about it more, it makes them more criticised than other teams. Obvioulsy not, that only happens in test cricket, where half these players couldn't give a ****.
Yeah imo it's another sign of a dysfunctional organisation - increased insularity, hyper-sensitivity to criticism, holding onto personal grudges - and while people will point to them winning the tournament as some kind of justification for it, this result will likely just paper over the cracks. The issues in WI cricket will still remain, and it would be dangerous for WI (both players and administrators) to think that the end justifies the means.

Meridio

If there's anything I hate it's people that bring 'God' into sport.

Though the same people don't seem to mention God so much when they lose :laugh:
Yeah, pet hate of mine. Why on Earth any God, if one exists, would care about a sporting event and favour one side over another is beyond me.

91Jmay

Yeah, bowling 4 balls that get buried isn't choking. The Billings catch was about the only example you'd find and one catch that had no impact on game is hardly choking.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If there's anything I hate it's people that bring 'God' into sport.

Though the same people don't seem to mention God so much when they lose :laugh:
In Spain all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works all matches must therefore end in a draw.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Jonathan Liew
@jonathanliew
Samuels on Shane Warne: "I don't know why he talks this way about me. Maybe because my face is real and his face is not."

Ilovecric

Jonathan Liew
@jonathanliew
Samuels on Shane Warne: "I don't know why he talks this way about me. Maybe because my face is real and his face is not."
LMAO... yeah he does pick on players he doesn't like. I remember an english player too - overly critical.