• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

StephenZA

The bloke posting it is a Respectable Tory Pundit. This has been rubber-stamped and approved.

Presumably by someone who starts their morning meeting by chanting "more bombs for the bomb god".
I hope you are wrong.... but you are probably right. And if it was in any way allowed by a superior officer they should get punished as well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The yanks have been writing on bombs during their whole campaign against ISIS. It's been pretty common for as long as people have been making bombs.

StephenZA

The yanks have been writing on bombs during their whole campaign against ISIS. It's been pretty common for as long as people have been making bombs.
Does not make it right... and if the British wish to follow the the USA example, good luck to them.

Spark

Global Moderator
You cannot let your personal opinion and feelings effect your judgment within a war... that way leads to soldiers executing unarmed people. Those soldiers/officers (whoever) used public government property to write a personal message that should not be affiliated with the RAF or British government in anyway

I understand why it happens but you need to punish those that do it and not allow a precedent to be set that it is acceptable.
This is an enormous leap of logic to make.

vcs

In general, I'm a pacifist, but it seems fairly pointless to me to bother worrying about what they scribble on bombs/missiles, rather worry about the fact that they're being manufactured or used in the first place.

StephenZA

This is an enormous leap of logic to make.
How? Ok I was being overly hyperbolic in my first statement... as opposed to the 2nd was that not a personal message or was that coming from the RAF and her majesties government? If so that would be truly appalling.

Maybe this happens all the time and maybe it is idealistic to expect it to be stopped... but it should be condemned and it should most definitely not be allowed within the rules and regulations of the RAF, which I am pretty sure it is not. This is the reasons why rules of engagement exist, they may be laughable and they may be a very 'human' way to try turn war into a less atrocious ideal but that does not make them bad.

In general, I'm a pacifist, but it seems fairly pointless to me to bother worrying about what they scribble on bombs/missiles, rather worry about the fact that they're being manufactured or used in the first place.
While I would also like to not need or want to use the bombs at all..... I don't think that this helps the situations that do exist. Yes lets not go to war ideally, but if you do lets not treat it like a game either and let our emotions run away with it, it helps nobody.

hendrix

You cannot let your personal opinion and feelings effect your judgment within a war... that way leads to soldiers executing unarmed people. Those soldiers/officers (whoever) used public government property to write a personal message that should not be affiliated with the RAF or British government in anyway

I understand why it happens but you need to punish those that do it and not allow a precedent to be set that it is acceptable.
Given that both the US and the UK and their allies have made a policy of missile and drone strikes targeting terrorists - often in retaliation (with varying degrees of justification) I'm struggling to see why they would be concerned with divorcing themselves from that message.

In other words, it may be a personal message but it's probably also a British Government and RAF message.

Last edited:

hendrix

With that said, one hopes that there are no innocent men, women and children where any of those missiles end up. That being highly unlikely is the real problem here, not some writing IMO.

Spikey

oh it was a photoshop i think. i wasn't expecting everyone to seriously discuss it (it was a good discussion though!)

Love from Manchester written on a bomb. it needed to be written on a drone to be really accurate...

StephenZA

oh it was a photoshop i think. i wasn't expecting everyone to seriously discuss it (it was a good discussion though!)

Love from Manchester written on a bomb. it needed to be written on a drone to be really accurate...
I wondered about that... felt it would be pretty silly if the guys did do it and then posted it on twitter.