• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

Uppercut

Leeds gets a bad rap because of its football team. It's a nice, vibrant Northern city, but even people who don't follow football have a vague sense that it's a dirty, nasty place because they're so used to "Leeds" being referred to in disgusted tones. Drain on the economy imo.

flibbertyjibber

Leeds gets a bad rap because of its football team. It's a nice, vibrant Northern city, but even people who don't follow football have a vague sense that it's a dirty, nasty place because they're so used to "Leeds" being referred to in disgusted tones. Drain on the economy imo.
Yeah, I grew up knowing the reference Dirty Leeds which is about the 70's football side but if you didn't know it was about them it could easily be taken that the city itself is a dump. It is a great place, also has one of the best fish and chip shops in the country at the top end of Headingley.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's probably not helped much by the fact that many of the surrounding towns are absolute holes.

vogue

It's probably not helped much by the fact that many of the surrounding towns are absolute holes.
Yes, there are some run down towns..but the countryside is pretty ,as seen when the Tour de France came through.

flibbertyjibber

What a great concert organised by Ariana Grande. Yeah most of the music wasn't to my taste but that wasn't what it was about. Having watched her a couple of times on that stupid kids tv show and despised her as she was so annoying I was amazed at how good she was singing in such difficult circumstances.

cpr

Liam Gallagher :)

really can't sing.

Rock n roll star he wasn't. Heard better versions on kareoke TBH.

Credit for what he's done recently, pulled out the stops to do what he can n all, but jesus if that's his live performance standard.....

Burgey

You haven't seen a bad live performance til you've seen Bob Dylan. Like, the bloke's an amazing lyricist and everything else, but he literally cannot sing a note. Never has, never will. He's the Florence Foster-Jenkins of Rock Gods.

_Ed_

What a great concert organised by Ariana Grande. Yeah most of the music wasn't to my taste but that wasn't what it was about. Having watched her a couple of times on that stupid kids tv show and despised her as she was so annoying I was amazed at how good she was singing in such difficult circumstances.
AWTA. Not a fan at all, but she did a great job. Her rendition of Somewhere Over The Rainbow was quite moving.

wpdavid

She did very well. You couldn't have blamed her for hopping onto the first plane back to the States, but this was a fine effort. As was taking time to visit some of the injured kids in hospital. And I honestly have no idea how she kept it together on stage last night.

I thought Coldplay pitched it really well. The snippet of James' 'Sit down' was a nice touch, following the rendition of Don't look back in anger.

Rather less edifying were 11,000 of the 25,000 applicants for tickets claiming to be have been part of the 14,000 at the original question. Behold the human race, regrettably.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
really can't sing.

Rock n roll star he wasn't. Heard better versions on kareoke TBH.

Credit for what he's done recently, pulled out the stops to do what he can n all, but jesus if that's his live performance standard.....
Ridiculous post. Rock n roll star was fine but did you not hear Live Forever? Social media suggests you're a minority view in this instance. He sounded great

cpr

Live Forever sounded alright, though he had to get Chris Martin to sing parts because he can't hit the notes. You know I've a lot of love for Oasis, and that song in particular, but he sounded awful

Evidence being https://youtu.be/gdb0X5KniOM?t=1m48s

I'm just going to leave that there for people to decide

Last edited:

Burgey

The highlight of Gallagher's performance was surely his tweets about his brother. ATG stuff.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Live Forever sounded alright, though he had to get Chris Martin to sing parts because he can't hit the notes. You know I've a lot of love for Oasis, and that song in particular, but he sounded awful

Evidence being https://youtu.be/gdb0X5KniOM?t=1m48s

I'm just going to leave that there for people to decide
Chris Martin sang the lines Noel normally sings...

He sounded incredible, social media has certainly agreed. Not fussed anyway, I loved it and thats all that really matters.

Also, agree with Burgey, outstanding