• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Son Of Coco

Ruined

Spent 4 hours in hospital last night after our little guy woke up and couldn't breathe properly. It turned out to be croup, but it was pretty scary listening to him fighting for breath. He started shaking and his toenails were going a little blue, so we got an ambulance for him - the first ride in an ambulance for all of us.

When we arrived at the hospital all he wanted to know was why they hadn't turned on the lights and the siren.

Today we're all travelling on 4-6 hours sleep, so it's going to be a very, very quiet one. Quiet except for going to work to do some marking and then seeing Book of Mormon that is.

Burgey

Oh man, that's scary AF mate. Glad to hear he's ok, but it freaks you out when your kids take a turn for the worst.

If anything can take your mind off it, will be Book of Mormon. Found it incredibly funny. After last night, you deserve to let off some steam and have a laugh.

Uppercut

Yeah **** it was terrifying even reading that, can't imagine what it was like to live through. Hope he's still doing ok.

stephen

Ruined

Spent 4 hours in hospital last night after our little guy woke up and couldn't breathe properly. It turned out to be croup, but it was pretty scary listening to him fighting for breath. He started shaking and his toenails were going a little blue, so we got an ambulance for him - the first ride in an ambulance for all of us.

When we arrived at the hospital all he wanted to know was why they hadn't turned on the lights and the siren.

Today we're all travelling on 4-6 hours sleep, so it's going to be a very, very quiet one. Quiet except for going to work to do some marking and then seeing Book of Mormon that is.
One of my kids got croup last year but nowhere near as bad as that. Still was scary af. Glad your boy is ok.

Bijed

Came up with a workaround for a limitation of some software we use at work that no-one's been able to overcome in the four years or so we've been using it. It's nothing major and what I've done isn't really that impressive (essentially some very basic coding), but nevertheless the days of having to tell clients that sorry but we can't present things in a certain way due to software limitations is hopefully over!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Came up with a workaround for a limitation of some software we use at work that no-one's been able to overcome in the four years or so we've been using it. It's nothing major and what I've done isn't really that impressive (essentially some very basic coding), but nevertheless the days of having to tell clients that sorry but we can't present things in a certain way due to software limitations is hopefully over!
i hope that's not the way you presented it to your boss

duffer

I became a father last night! ****, what a feeling!

The little fella kept us all up last night crying and decided to sleep at 7 this morning. Gonna have to get used to this, right?

Adders

The little fella kept us all up last night crying and decided to sleep at 7 this morning. Gonna have to get used to this, right?
Congrats dude. As for the sleeping, my first slept right through the night pretty much straight away, the second not until she was 6 or 7. Good luck!!

Edit: and that's years not months.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Oh man, that's scary AF mate. Glad to hear he's ok, but it freaks you out when your kids take a turn for the worst.

If anything can take your mind off it, will be Book of Mormon. Found it incredibly funny. After last night, you deserve to let off some steam and have a laugh.
Book of Mormon is great, enjoy yourself
What a top lad.

Hope he is doing ok.
Yeah **** it was terrifying even reading that, can't imagine what it was like to live through. Hope he's still doing ok.
One of my kids got croup last year but nowhere near as bad as that. Still was scary af. Glad your boy is ok.
Thanks everyone. It's amazing how quickly they go from being in a bad way to ready to ask a million questions and run around again. On the upside, the next day his batting skills seemed to have gone up a notch. We play cricket inside with a soft ball sometimes, and he was cracking them everywhere. Bounced a couple off the window on the other side of the room for 6. I'm not sure which is scarier - watching him suffer from croup, or having a(n admittedly soft) ball come whizzing back past your head from about 4 metres away.

And Book of Mormon was excellent. It was actually my 2nd time seeing it, but this time around I was joined by a few friends, which made it even better.

Son Of Coco

Congratulations mate! They're just the best little humans, even when they decide sleeping's not really their thing. It's fantastic watching them grow into little people.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Made:

Appointed as an advisor to an EU project digital evidence

Research time for my workload for the next academic year has been doubled

Got a kiss at the end of a date yesterday and she bit my lip really hard and it was hot

vcs

Made:

Appointed as an advisor to an EU project digital evidence

Research time for my workload for the next academic year has been doubled

Got a kiss at the end of a date yesterday and she bit my lip really hard and it was hot
Yeah, beastly weather here as well