• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Spark
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Could you email moderators@cricketweb.net and tell us all a bit more about it ?

Thanks very much.
    Just read your exchange with Marcuss about the database for CWPL. I have the CPL Season 2 database done barring a couple of hours work lining things up and it'll certainly be done properly by the time your draft is done. It's quite complex and weights everything by recency and standard, and it's updated right up until the start of the county season which started a couple of weeks back. I'd be quite happy to send it to you as long as you gave me the credit and didn't release the figures to anyone.
    Oops.. I keep replying to people's messages by posting on my own wall (why does the software allow that option anyway?). /facepalm

Not too relevant anymore I guess, but I meant to write this in reply to your earlier VM.
    Mate, if you're looking for some help simming, I've got a copy of International Test Cricket, which is pretty good for simming, and the db I've built up has all international teams, County Division 1 (2009&10), all Shield sides, most SA franchises, most WI domestic, and a few Indian domestic sides, which means there's a hell of a lot more player choice.

Only drawback is that my db needs updated as I haven't touched it for a year, and due to exams coming up I wouldn't be able to commit to doing anything before June (I could have things done, but I don't want to do a PEWS and say I'll do it then not do it)
    What is CW Premier League?
    CWPL is a game which will involve people selecting a squad of 13 cricketers based on forming a team that they feel would perform well if they were to play a match a year ago.

How will players be selected?
    Players will be selected through the process of a draft. This will involve everybody who is running a team being sorted into a random order. Each person will then take it in turns to select a cricketer for their squad until each team has 13 players.

How do I know what players will be good?
    CW Premier League is based on real life. As mentioned above you should aim to pick players that you feel would perform well if they were to play a match a year ago. Player ability will be based upon the player's Test and FC record (up until mid-2010); with Test performances having more of an influence on how players will perform. Strength of opposition and the player's records against different team will also have an influence

What format is the competition?
    3 things :
    - There's 208 players, but I'm pretty sure there are only 16 wicket keepers..
    - And, seeing as I'll have exactly the same database as you, if I have some free time I can help with simming
    - Worth speaking to James about a subforum if this really gets off the ground?
    For the CWFWC? That's using his own ODI sim that he's made, have no idea how that works or what's wrong with it.
    Have you ever played International Cricket Captain? It's basically like that.
    It's really simple, then afterwards you'd need to post up the scorecards.
    Let's find out if there's any interest, if there is then we have the entire length of the draft for me to talk you through simming if needed.
    CPL Cricket Official Draft Thread : Completed - CricSim There's a list of all the players drafted in Season 1.
    I'd offer to run it all but don't really have the time atm with exams coming up.
    If you're willing to sim the matches then I can send you all the stuff.
    Yeah, there'd be no perfect way to do it other than working out everything, standardising stuff, working out the global batting average. Frankly I have no idea how you'd even begin to weight domestic competitions. It'd be horrible.
    If you wanted to be perfect you'd have to weight Tests by location too. IIRC Prince EWS also scaled Test performances depending on strength of opposition as well.
    I still have the database for Season 1 which could be used, it's just 12 months out of date and nobody could pick a player that's not in the database already lol.
    I simmed all the games, I have the software to sim the games. It's just the da tabase that's needed - for the CricSim one Prince EWS makes the database using some formula weighting the different standards of domestic competitions and giving more weight to recent performances but similarly to the CWFWC it's taking forever for him to do it. We've been waiting for 3 months for him to make the database for Season 2 and waited almost a year for the Season 1 database.
    You could just use First Class averages I guess, but having Rohit Sharma averaging 60 and ABDV only averaging 48 would be a bit silly..
    Looks nice, though I'm afraid you'll have to explain the significance to me.. :p
    Pretty sure this can be accessed as a guest so :
    Season 1 Archive - CricSim That's Season 1 Archive of the draft I was talking about.
    There's no reason why something similar couldn't be run on CricketWeb, the draft is doable at the very least.
    Yep.. there are some amazing ones by Escher. I have this one for my wallpaper.
    Yeah.. I really liked that one. I thought that was something related to particle physics.. especially since you posted something really interesting in a thread about the LHC, when I first joined this place.
    Haha, I know..I resisted the temptation for a long long time but there was this beautiful photo of Dhoni's pose after the six on a cricinfo article (Dileep Premachandran: How do you top a World Cup win? | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo) I was reading today, so finally changed it. I'll probably change it back to that Turing photo in a couple of days.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…